Author Topic: Joe Biden: ‘Ready to compromise’  (Read 531 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Joe Biden: ‘Ready to compromise’
« on: November 03, 2014, 12:15:35 pm »
Joe Biden: ‘Ready to compromise’
By JONATHAN TOPAZ

Vice President Joe Biden says he expects congressional Republicans to work to “get things done” if they win control of the Senate — and he notes the White House is prepared to give a little.

In an interview with CNN released on Monday, Biden said that while he still expects the Democrats to retain Senate control, he believes a Republican-controlled Senate will move beyond obstructionism

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/joe-biden-2014-elections-senate-112442.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: Joe Biden: ‘Ready to compromise’
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 12:17:59 pm »
Hey Joe!

Kiss my Christian, Caucasian, Self-Employed, Conservative a$$!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 12:50:15 pm »
"... he believes a Republican-controlled Senate will move beyond obstructionism.

So then, Joe acknowledges that the Harry Reid-controlled Senate was the obstructive chamber of Congress.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 01:19:36 pm »
So then, Joe acknowledges that the Harry Reid-controlled Senate was the obstructive chamber of Congress.

No, Luis...he acknowledges no such thing.

SIX YEARS of Harry Reid's obstructionist attitude.  Over 400 GOP sponsored bills dead on arrival in the Democrat controlled Senate.

A POTUS that famously said, "The election's over, John.  I won.  You lost!"

An "Affordable" Health Care Act...passed in the middle of the night where locks were changed to keep the GOP out.

....but you know all that.

Anger doesn't begin to describe my feelings toward this administration and the ENTIRE Democrat Party membership.  If I could, they'd all be rounded up and ..........  :nometalk:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 01:27:17 pm »

It seems as though he did.   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 02:08:28 pm »

SIX YEARS of Harry Reid's obstructionist attitude.  Over 400 GOP sponsored bills dead on arrival in the Democrat controlled Senate.

An "Affordable" Health Care Act...passed in the middle of the night where locks were changed to keep the GOP out.

Anger doesn't begin to describe my feelings toward this administration and the ENTIRE Democrat Party membership.  If I could, they'd all be rounded up and ..........  :nometalk:

Yes, Harry Reid and his ilk forced their agenda through, while telling America that the Republicans were keeping anything from getting through - and thanks to the media's help - that is the generally accepted truth to most LIV.  When Biden starts saying words like, "compromise" - watch out!  They are always lying and setting traps.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 02:17:26 pm »

Yes, Harry Reid and his ilk forced their agenda through, while telling America that the Republicans were keeping anything from getting through - and thanks to the media's help - that is the generally accepted truth to most LIV.  When Biden starts saying words like, "compromise" - watch out!  They are always lying and setting traps.

Yep....the coming, PROMISED financial crash of the stock market (due to the cessation of the FED's monthly stimulus) will be blamed on the GOP-controlled Congress.  The drastic rise in mortgage interest rates will again 'kill' the real estate market.  Again, the Republicans will get the blame.

And unless we have leadership that can point out the absurdity of those claims....say hello to Madam President Hillary Clinton.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:18:50 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 02:22:05 pm »
Yep....the coming, PROMISED financial crash of the stock market (due to the cessation of the FED's monthly stimulus) will be blamed on the GOP-controlled Congress.  The drastic rise in mortgage interest rates will again 'kill' the real estate market.  Again, the Republicans will get the blame.

And unless we have leadership that can point out the absurdity of those claims....say hello to Madam President Hillary Clinton.

:amen:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 09:16:59 pm »

So, if Joe says that a Republican controlled Senate would "move beyond the obstructionism" that you described above (Reid's obstructionism), isn't he (inadvertent Joe'ism perhaps) saying that it was reid who was the obstructionist?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 02:47:26 am »
Title:
[[ Joe Biden: ‘Ready to compromise’ ]]

OK, Joey, here’s the deal. We’ll make you an offa you can’t refuse.

Come January, we’ll have both the House and the Senate.

We only need a majority vote in the House to send up some “Articles” against Obama to the Senate — piece o’ cake.

But we need some of your guys in the Senate to convict. You know as well as us that a large part of the country is sick of Hussein, and Valerie’s been pullin’ your strings as well as his. And we know how you feel about that, too.

You help us out, we’ll help you.

Lean on enough of your Senate buddies to get us the one vote we need.

And then, you get the best of the bargain — you go down in history as bein’ President, even if it’s only for a coupla years.

How’s dat, Joey???