Author Topic: Black pastor endorses Republican for governor...guess what happens next  (Read 378 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/10/black_pastor_endorses_republican_for_governor_and_guess_what_happens_next.html

October 28, 2014
Black pastor endorses Republican for governor...guess what happens next
By Carol Brown

Corey Brooks is the pastor of New Beginnings church on the south side of Chicago.  Pastor Brooks, who is black, endorsed Bruce Rauner for governor of Illinois, going so far as to appear in television ads with the candidate.

Normally I wouldn’t find it necessary to describe the skin color of anyone I write about.  However, in this case, it’s central.  Because ever since Pastor Brooks endorsed a Republican for office, he and his church have experienced threats and attacks.

More specifically, the pastor and his family have received hundreds of death threats.  Most recently, his church was vandalized.  Thousands of dollars raised for charity were stolen.

This is the Chicago way, the Democratic Party way, the Obama way.

“Argue and get in their faces.”
    “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.”
    “We’re gonna to punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends…”

If you would like to support Corey Brooks and his church, you can donate online here or mail checks to:

New Beginnings Church of Chicago
6620 S. King Drive
Chicago, IL  60637

One cannot help but notice the lack of media attention paid to blacks in America who dare to leave the Democratic Party, who then face mortal threats because of it.  Apparently that’s not newsworthy.  It doesn’t fit the meme.

God bless every single black American who stands up for freedom in the face of intimidation and thuggish Democratic Party control.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Black pastor endorses Republican for governor...guess what happens next
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 02:26:40 pm »
I saw the ad recently and I remarked to Mrs. Lando that the Pastor needs to watch himself.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Black pastor endorses Republican for governor...guess what happens next
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 02:31:08 pm »
I saw the ad recently and I remarked to Mrs. Lando that the Pastor needs to watch himself.

They had a plexi-glass display case in the church vestibule where parishioners drop loose change in for a fund of some kind.

It was broken and over $8,000 was stolen.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald