Author Topic: What Happens if Republicans Win?...by Roger L Simon  (Read 638 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Happens if Republicans Win?...by Roger L Simon
« on: October 10, 2014, 07:02:59 pm »
http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2014/10/09/what-happens-if-republicans-win/?singlepage=true

What Happens if Republicans Win?
October 9th, 2014 - 9:39 pm

It’s  time for Republicans to give serious thought to what happens if they win the Senate and House this November, as it looks increasingly that they will. While not exactly Pyrrhic,  this victory will present a whole range of potential problems and traps that could negatively affect this country’s future and the world.  And as we know, we are living in precarious times.

Barack Obama is a man unaccustomed to losing.  Life has been exceptionally kind to him, sailing, as he did, through balmy Oahu sunsets, college, law school and career on into the presidency with scarcely a bump. He has been a protected man  beyond any in recent memory, feted and praised virtually everywhere he went until the last couple of years. Even now, despite catastrophe after catastrophe, there are acolytes who continue to celebrate him, paying tens of thousands merely to have their photographs taken with him.

When such cosseted people are forced to confront failure, they typically do not do so with grace.  They are rarely able to admit  fault, as if even a crack in their pristine facades could lead to extreme personality disintegration. We have already seen manifestations of this in Obama’s refusal to acknowledge something so obvious as his own inability to foresee the dangers of ISIS, aka the JV team.   Insider books by Robert Gates, Hillary Clinton and Leon Panetta have appeared in rapid succession, implying or directly alleging that the president lives in a bubble, unwilling to listen to advice. He frequently threatens to — and sometimes does — go around the Congress to get his way via, often unconstitutional, executive fiat.  We all know that he lies, constantly.

This man is angry but highly unlikely to go into an anger management program.  Imagine what will happen after November.  We could be looking at behavior that would fit the very definition of “acting out,” anti-social but on a global scale.  And he still has two more years in office.

Do I exaggerate?  I hope so, but I fear not.  We have to be alert. Anything could happen. Remember:  Obama is currently fighting ISIS against his will and only for electoral purposes.  When the election is over, and  especially if he loses, all bets are off. The man who made the apology tour throughout the Islamic world and was best friends with Islamists Morsi and Erdogan could reappear as never before. What that could mean could be any number of things, but none of them good. The Global War on Terror could become another example of “work-place violence” in an instant. Kurds and Israelis better beware.

The Environmental Protection Agency could become a virtual American gestapo, changing the fabric of our lives, while all sorts of rules and regulations pour down, impoverishing America in the name of income inequality or the all-important “fairness.”

Look for the race card to be played as never before.  A man like Obama would much prefer to blame the color of his skin for his failures than his policies.  Then he would have to evaluate himself.

One thing we can be sure of, if the Democrats lose the Senate, look for Hillary Clinton to separate from Obama even further than she has.  You can imagine Bill telling her to explain that when she said “What difference does it make?” about Benghazi,  she really meant “What difference does it make if Obama is in control?”

True as that might be, it is a bridge too far even for Bill.  But the equivalent will be said — many times.  But we must not be confused or deceived by that inevitable gulf.  If Hillary is elected, it will largely be by the same people who elected Obama. She will be beholden to them and nothing will change.  As time goes on, it will inevitably grow worse.

As treacherous as the last few years have been, the next two, even with a Republican victory, could be even more so. Stay vigilant.  Victory in November is, at best, a halfway house. Don’t celebrate for long.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: What Happens if Republicans Win?...by Roger L Simon
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 07:20:50 pm »
I have a suggestion! Pass a full repeal of the "Affordable Care Act" and send it to the president for his signature.

Rinse, and repeat every thirty days for as long as necessary.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 07:42:09 pm »
[1] Repeal the 16th amendment.

[2] Repeal the 17th amendment

[3] Pass a Constitutional Amendment mandating term limits

[4] Defund: The EPA, Dept. of Ed., the IRS, DHS.

[5] Change the tax system to a flat tax

[6] Require ALL citizens to pay income tax until a flat tax

[7] Require cuts in all social welfare programs higher than the cuts imposed on defense and necessary expenditures [drones ain't necessary!]

Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 07:45:28 pm »
[1] Repeal the 16th amendment.

[2] Repeal the 17th amendment

[3] Pass a Constitutional Amendment mandating term limits

[4] Defund: The EPA, Dept. of Ed., the IRS, DHS.

[5] Change the tax system to a flat tax

[6] Require ALL citizens to pay income tax until a flat tax

[7] Require cuts in all social welfare programs higher than the cuts imposed on defense and necessary expenditures [drones ain't necessary!]

I'm with you on the majority of this but we need to define what kind of "flat Tax" you are talking about.  If it is a flat rate income tax then I would disagree!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 07:52:37 pm »
I'm with you on the majority of this but we need to define what kind of "flat Tax" you are talking about.  If it is a flat rate income tax then I would disagree!

Better not be a consumption tax.  I've seen too many people get suckered in by that one, even Hermann Cain.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 07:55:21 pm »
Better not be a consumption tax.  I've seen too many people get suckered in by that one, even Hermann Cain.

Absolutely must be a consumption tax and every one of the founding fathers agreed!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 09:13:49 pm »
Absolutely must be a consumption tax and every one of the founding fathers agreed!

If we weren't already polluted with the immoral income tax I'd agree with you, but even if we repealed the 16th Amendment to transition from an income to consumption tax, we'd have both within 50 years.

The 16th Amendment was passed in response to a court decision that struck down an earlier income tax as unconstitutional.  After watching the machinations of the SCOTUS over the past few decades, I don't have faith they'd do it again, should the need arise.  Congress would simply declare some funding emergency, and then the court would refuse to hear the case this time.

Repeat:  I agree a consumption tax would be more in line with the Founders' intent, but only if there was no income tax.  An attempt to return to original intent will eventually fail and we'll have both taxes.  Even repealing the 16th is no guarantee of liberation from the income tax.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 09:33:55 pm »
If we weren't already polluted with the immoral income tax I'd agree with you, but even if we repealed the 16th Amendment to transition from an income to consumption tax, we'd have both within 50 years.

The 16th Amendment was passed in response to a court decision that struck down an earlier income tax as unconstitutional.  After watching the machinations of the SCOTUS over the past few decades, I don't have faith they'd do it again, should the need arise.  Congress would simply declare some funding emergency, and then the court would refuse to hear the case this time.

Repeat:  I agree a consumption tax would be more in line with the Founders' intent, but only if there was no income tax.  An attempt to return to original intent will eventually fail and we'll have both taxes.  Even repealing the 16th is no guarantee of liberation from the income tax.

So you would have us kneel down and lick boots?  We will never again be a truly free people for so long as we continue to abide the Marxist income tax and the IRS!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 10:27:36 pm »
So you would have us kneel down and lick boots?  We will never again be a truly free people for so long as we continue to abide the Marxist income tax and the IRS!

It's too late to unring that income tax bell.  I think I mentioned I agree with you about the founders' intent, but we have to deal with the reality we have.  I feel the same way about the 17th amendment as well.  If I were in charge, both would be forever repealed, with language forbidding any attempts to reinstate them.

It remains my opinion that any attempt to replace the income tax with a consumption tax will eventually result in being saddled with both.  Don't shoot the messenger.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 11:01:00 pm »
It's too late to unring that income tax bell.  I think I mentioned I agree with you about the founders' intent, but we have to deal with the reality we have.  I feel the same way about the 17th amendment as well.  If I were in charge, both would be forever repealed, with language forbidding any attempts to reinstate them.

It remains my opinion that any attempt to replace the income tax with a consumption tax will eventually result in being saddled with both.  Don't shoot the messenger.
That is a real and justified concern. But the reality is, we ain't headed for major changes to our tax system anytime soon.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 11:12:49 pm »
That is a real and justified concern. But the reality is, we ain't headed for major changes to our tax system anytime soon.

That's difficult to say.  We're heading for a brick wall as spending and debt increases faster and faster, and brick walls have a way of causing drastic change.  I'm afraid it will be something like Japan, where taxes exploded to cover the bills.  Politicians will never cut the spending side, which is where the real problem is.

It'll take another revolution.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 11:14:22 pm »

Not in the shooting mood today but I am going to disagree with you.  I happen to believe that if the American people are ever freed from the albatross of the income tax it will never be seen again for hundreds of years and any politician who even contemplates reviving it will be committing political suicide!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 11:27:06 pm »
I'm with you, Bigun. I despise the income tax. It's a shackle as real and restricting as cold steel.

However, in reality, I don't think I'll ever live to see the IRS's demise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 11:30:11 pm »
Not in the shooting mood today but I am going to disagree with you.  I happen to believe that if the American people are ever freed from the albatross of the income tax it will never be seen again for hundreds of years and any politician who even contemplates reviving it will be committing political suicide!

I do agree with you.  I am afraid there will be shooting, but not us at each other.  It's going to take another revolution, because the system has become hopelessly rigged in favor of the status quo.  As the old saying goes, if voting ever changed anything it would be made illegal.

Short of another revolution, the yoke will never be thrown, it will only become heavier.  My hope lies in the fact Americans are not Europeans, and will throw the yoke off eventually, violently if necessary.

Let me address a specific point:  If the people are ever freed from the albatross of the income tax, it will never be seen again until the current generation expires.  I did say upthread it would be 50 years (If we disagree, it's only on the time span).  To most people, history didn't start until they were born, and the lessons of the horrors of the Marxist income tax will be forgotten when the last of us croak.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 11:31:21 pm »

Too many people in high places benefit from having the hired JBTs of the IRS.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 11:34:45 pm »
I'm with you, Bigun. I despise the income tax. It's a shackle as real and restricting as cold steel.

I can assure you that nothing will change if we don't demand the change!

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 11:35:35 pm »
I can assure you that nothing will change if we don't demand the change!

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

:amen:
I will NOT comply.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 12:33:55 am »
We MIGHT get some tax reform, which is more than what I expect.

Otherwise, look for the Senate Democrats to filibuster Republican efforts just as Republicans did to Democrats. Not much is going to make it to Obama's desk, and any veto he issues won't be overriden.

Repeals of major legislation will not happen.  Where the GOP can have a major effect is in defense, as it appears ISIS is going to be around awhile and Republicans will have to drag Obama into putting ground troops in to defeat them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 01:55:07 am »
Question:
[[ What Happens if Republicans Win? ]]

Fishrrman's prediction:
They will restore the 60-vote requirement to end filibusters.
Other than that, not much...