Author Topic: ISIS TAKES ABU GHRAIB – Within Artillery Range of Baghdad Airport  (Read 1671 times)

rangerrebew

ISIS TAKES ABU GHRAIB – Within Artillery Range of Baghdad Airport

Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, October 3, 2014, 7:45 PM

ISIS begun their assault of one of the Iraq’s largest military bases.

The Sunni terrorists held a massive military parade in Abu Ghraib in March.
 But only recently took control of the key cities in the region.

ISIS has taken complete control of Abu Ghraib west of Baghdad.

The Islamists are now within artillery range of Baghdad.
The News Tribune reported:

Islamic State militants have taken control of key cities in Iraq’s western province of Anbar and have begun to besiege one of the country’s largest military bases in a weeklong offensive that’s brought them within artillery range of Baghdad.

The Islamic State and its tribal allies have dominated Anbar since a surprise offensive last December, but this week’s push was particularly worrisome, because for the first time this year Islamist insurgents were reported to have become a major presence in Abu Ghraib, the last Anbar town on the outskirts of the capital.

“Daash is openly operating inside Abu Ghraib,” according to an Iraqi soldier, who used a common Arabic term for the Islamic State. “I was at the 10th Division base there two days ago, and the soldiers cannot leave or patrol,” he said, asking that he be identified only as Hossam because Iraqi soldiers are barred from speaking with foreign reporters. “Daash controls the streets.”

Hundreds of miles to the west, Islamic State forces continued their push into the Syrian Kurdish city of Kobane, where it appeared unlikely that Turkey would intervene to stop the advance. Kurdish officials from the town said the Turkish government had yet to respond to their pleas for weapons, and reports from the Turkish-Syrian border said there was no evidence Turkey was preparing to take action…

…A diplomat in Irbil, the capital of the autonomous Kurdistan region, said an Islamic State presence in Abu Ghraib would put Baghdad International Airport within artillery range of the militants.

“We know they have captured substantial numbers of 155 mm howitzers,” said the diplomat, whose country is participating in the U.S.-led anti-Islamic State coalition. The diplomat spoke only on the condition of anonymity, lacking permission to brief the news media. “These have a range of about (20 miles) and if they are able to hold territory in Abu Ghraib then the concern they can shell and ultimately close BIAP becomes a grave concern.”

Once again, ISIS posted photos today of the arms they captured in fighting north of Baghdad.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/10/isis-takes-abu-ghraib-baghdad-airport-within-artillery-range/

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:51:46 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline flowers

Re: ISIS TAKES ABU GHRAIB – Within Artillery Range of Baghdad Airport
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 03:54:10 pm »
Wow

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 04:11:39 pm »
Wow

So those air strikes are really slowing them down!     /s
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 04:47:26 pm »
So those air strikes are really slowing them down!     /s
Notice how there has been NOTHING in the media about those strikes? I haven't even seen anything in foreign press. Is Obola still ordering those air strikes? How many isis people have been killed? NOTHING.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 06:22:09 pm »
Another triumph for the Obama regime.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 06:34:33 pm »
Notice how there has been NOTHING in the media about those strikes? I haven't even seen anything in foreign press. Is Obola still ordering those air strikes? How many isis people have been killed? NOTHING.

IMO, the American mainstream media is just as much a danger to the USA as is ISIS and Ebola.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 06:36:39 pm »
The Obama fails have reached Avalanche proportions...but he's black, so I'm just being racist.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 06:39:16 pm »
Another triumph for the Obama regime.

Yeah, he managed to "stall" us long enough with imminent threat Khorosan until ISIS could gain ground.  Not out of stupidity, this was calculated.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 12:47:55 pm »
So instead of putting panties on people's heads, they'll be sawing them off with a dull blade?

WTG, Obama.  Way to get back at the big bad Americans.........   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 12:25:20 pm »

I wonder if these children...now young men...are still alive today, or were murdered and/or tortured by ISIS.

Thank you, Barack Obama.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 01:11:50 pm »

I wonder if these children...now young men...are still alive today, or were murdered and/or tortured by ISIS.

Thank you, Barack Obama.

That would be an interesting thing to document.  Also, how many of them may have JOINED ISIS?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 01:57:51 pm »
That would be an interesting thing to document.  Also, how many of them may have JOINED ISIS?

At first I was going to ask, "Join ISIS??  How could that be if they were victims of tyranny wrought by Saddam Hussein?

Then realized that both Sunni and Shiites were victims of the Baathists.

Have many saved photos of Iraqi men, women and children adoring and cheering the American soldiers that liberated Iraq.

The question now:  Liberated from what?

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 02:09:37 pm »
At first I was going to ask, "Join ISIS??  How could that be if they were victims of tyranny wrought by Saddam Hussein?

Have many saved photos of Iraqi men, women and children adoring and cheering the American soldiers that liberated Iraq.

Indeed, DC.

I think it can be shown that in modern history - let's say over the past one hundred years - that Western civilization has interfered in the Middle East - finagling borders to suit us, deceitfully gaining strategic access to the oil through ports and straits.  We're tried our brand of social engineering to supposedly "liberate" these people from the medieval culture they live in - but we only did it for our own self-interests - and we didn't take the time to learn about the different tribes when we did it.  And we ended up getting a whole lot of them slaughtered in the process.

I can understand their anger - the question is - how do we fix this mess we've plopped ourselves smack dab in the middle of?

How do you put the genie back in the bottle?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 02:34:03 pm »

I personally saved many, many photos of our son with children (and adults) who had better lives because our military had freed them from Saddam Hussein.  They are precious photos. 

I think we need to be careful not to conflate what we did originally to rid Iraq of a brutal dictator (a terrorist and sponsor of terror who was at war with the US), and the mess that has been made since 2011 because we didn't leave a residual force and prematurely left the Iraqis on their own with no US military stabilizing support.

What happened with this administration's ignoring terrorism, and pretending it didn't exist, is that ISIS was allowed to fester and grow and become an even greater threat to the region..........and to us.

I know many disagree, but I still agree with the decision to take out Saddam, and don't think it's in the same category as making up countries and breaking apart the ME to remove the threat of rebuilding the Ottoman empire.  In fact, I think it's the opposite.  Removing our influence entirely from the ME is what has created this deadly threat.

And we can thank Obama for that.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 02:46:56 pm »
I personally saved many, many photos of our son with children (and adults) who had better lives because our military had freed them from Saddam Hussein.  They are precious photos. 

I think we need to be careful not to conflate what we did originally to rid Iraq of a brutal dictator (a terrorist and sponsor of terror who was at war with the US), and the mess that has been made since 2011 because we didn't leave a residual force and prematurely left the Iraqis on their own with no US military stabilizing support.

What happened with this administration's ignoring terrorism, and pretending it didn't exist, is that ISIS was allowed to fester and grow and become an even greater threat to the region..........and to us.

I know many disagree, but I still agree with the decision to take out Saddam, and don't think it's in the same category as making up countries and breaking apart the ME to remove the threat of rebuilding the Ottoman empire.  In fact, I think it's the opposite.  Removing our influence entirely from the ME is what has created this deadly threat.

And we can thank Obama for that.

Didn't mean to construe that I was condemning... freeing the Iraqi people of Saddam Hussein.

What I condemn is that Obama's plans for the Middle East put most of those people, in our photos, in mortal jeopardy.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:44:00 am by DCPatriot »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 02:51:48 pm »
Didn't me to construe that I was condemning freeing the Iraqi people of Saddam Hussein.

What I condemn is that Obama's plans for the Middle East place most of those people in our photos in mortal jeopardy.

I know that, DC.

They were liberated for a season, and now have been forced into a more brutal slavery, thanks to the pro-Islamic Hussein in the WH.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 03:01:12 pm »
I know that, DC.

They were liberated for a season, and now have been forced into a more brutal slavery, thanks to the pro-Islamic Hussein in the WH.

Quite like what the Cambodians were forced into when Jimmy Carter took office.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 02:41:30 am »
alicewonders wrote above:
[[ I can understand their anger - the question is - how do we fix this mess we've plopped ourselves smack dab in the middle of?
How do you put the genie back in the bottle? ]]

You don't.

You smash the bottle instead.