Author Topic: In Six Minutes, an Atheist Tears Apart the Way Liberals Defend Muslim Atrocities ‘In the Name of Multiculturalism’  (Read 1286 times)

rangerrebew

In Six Minutes, an Atheist Tears Apart the Way Liberals Defend Muslim Atrocities ‘In the Name of Multiculturalism’

Sep. 27, 2014 7:10am   Zach Noble   

He took a picture of a teenager’s obscene act with a Jesus statue to make this point: ”Liberal Western culture is not just different — it’s better.”

Bill Maher, host of HBO’s “Real Time,” has been slamming Islam — and the liberal tendency to protest any criticism of Islamic culture — recently, and on Friday night he continued the assault.

“President Obama keeps on insisting that ISIS is not Islamic,” Maher noted, adding with a smirk, “Well, maybe they don’t practice the Muslim faith the same way he does.”

Maher contrasted the way liberals talk about American conservatives with the way they won’t talk about Muslim nations’ deplorable standards for women:

We hear a lot about the Republican ‘War on Women.’ It’s not cool Rush Limbaugh called somebody a slut. Okay. But Saudi women can’t vote, or drive, or hold a job, or leave the house without a man. Overwhelming majorities in every Muslim country say a wife is always obliged to obey her husband. That all seems like a bigger issue than evangelical Christian bakeries refusing to make gay wedding cakes.

He also had stern words for Yale’s atheist organization, which was among the groups that complained when Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a woman who was born in Somalia, raised Muslim and suffered traditional genital mutilation, was brought to campus to share her critical-of-Islam views.

“You’re atheists, you should be attacking religion, not siding with the people who hold women down and violate them, which apparently you will defend in the name of multiculturalism,” Maher seethed.

Maher also issued a general challenge to all liberals who vigorously police the words and actions of Jews, Christians and non-religious people — but who won’t criticize Islam.

“If we’re giving no quarter to intolerance,” Maher asked, “shouldn’t we be starting with the mutilators and the honor killers?”

(Content warning: very strong language and offensive imagery)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/27/in-six-minutes-an-atheist-tears-apart-the-way-liberals-defend-muslim-atrocities-in-the-name-of-multiculturalism/
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:42:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
It's not the religion itself that is creating this behavior. People like that living where they do would do what they do regardless of religion. What Maher doesn't understand is that it is the Muslim culture, and not the Muslim religion that is to blame for it. Culturally they are probably at least a couple hundred years behind the rest of us. The way they treat women is a good indicator of that. We all know a lot of bad was done in the name of Christianity in the past before common sense prevailed and stopped allowing those atrocities to occur. In the same way Christianity is not directly responsible for the way those people were acting, I don't believe that Islam is directly responsible for the way these people are acting.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It's not the religion itself that is creating this behavior.

But they, themselves say it IS their religion. They cite the passages in their holy book.

They do it in places where they have poverty and little schooling, and they do it when raised in western abundance and university educated.

Always citing the same passages in their holy book.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Dexter

But they, themselves say it IS their religion. They cite the passages in their holy book.

They do it in places where they have poverty and little schooling, and they do it when raised in western abundance and university educated.

Always citing the same passages in their holy book.

Religion is being used to justify things they want to do anyway. Do you think if Islam disappeared tomorrow there would be widespread peace in the Middle East?
-Socrates

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What then are those other reason besides religion, that muslims commit terrorism all over the globe?

They themselves say it is for their pursuit of Islamic states, where their religious codes will prevail.

How do people with the same agendas, worldover, claim it is religion, but YOU know they are all misleading us.

What is that powerful, uniting OTHER force besides islam itself?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
What Maher doesn't understand is that it is the Muslim culture, and not the Muslim religion that is to blame for it.

"Muslim religion" IS "Muslim culture".
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:40:26 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

rangerrebew

I guess Catholic Priests who are pedophiles have nothing to do with Catholicism.  So why does the media blame them and not muslims?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dex wrote:
[[ It's not the religion itself that is creating this behavior...]]

You're wrong, Dex.

It is.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Dexter

What then are those other reason besides religion, that muslims commit terrorism all over the globe?

They themselves say it is for their pursuit of Islamic states, where their religious codes will prevail.

How do people with the same agendas, worldover, claim it is religion, but YOU know they are all misleading us.

What is that powerful, uniting OTHER force besides islam itself?

Extremist Muslims that look to attack us do so because they hate us due to being brainwashed since they were children most of the time. They believe that the United States is the ultimate evil on Earth and that their only hope for survival is to destroy us. This kind of brainwashing would have occurred even if you took religion out of the picture entirely. There are countless Muslims that do not see it that way, so it is absurd to say that the religion itself is the driving force behind such hatred. Of course they are going to claim God is on their side when they do what they do. Their is no greater justification than to believe you are doing God's will.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

"Muslim religion" IS "Muslim culture".

Religion is only one part of their culture.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

I guess Catholic Priests who are pedophiles have nothing to do with Catholicism.  So why does the media blame them and not muslims?

Catholic priests that engage in pedophilia in no way represent Catholicism, and anybody that tries to draw a parallel there is either a troll or a fool. I've personally not seen any media condone what extremist Muslims do. Christianity is held to a higher standard because it predominately exists in countries that culturally have grown to expect such things. When the Middle East grows and matures it will be the same way there. People seem less surprised when extremists from the Middle East do something for the same reason that you would be less surprised to see a child on the ground throwing a temper tantrum in a grocery store than you would be if you saw an adult doing the same thing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:29:37 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Religion is only one part of their culture.

Finances, jurisprudence, family life and even immigration policies are dictated by Islam via Sharia

Their religion IS their culture, and what we describe as "radical" Muslims are actually REAL practicing Muslims with "moderates" being non-practicing Mulsims.

In the end, "moderates" will fall into lockstep with "radical Muslims" because Islam is their way of life.

Have you ever pondered why the so-called "moderate" Muslims who spend so much time being insulted at the fact that the West wants to paint Islam with a brush smeared in the blood of the victims of the actions of radicals, never seem to be insulted by the actions of the radicals who are spilling that blood in the name of Islam?

Which should the greater insult to Islam?

Non-Muslims claiming that Islam is a violent religion because Muslims are killing people in the name of Islam, or the proclamations of Muslims who kill people in the name of Islam?

Moderate Muslims are passive-aggressive enablers of radical Muslims.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:41:47 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Moderate Muslims are passive-aggressive enablers of radical Muslims.

I've come to the conclusion that you are correct, after years of waiting for these moderate Muslims to get mad about the radicals.  I grew up in the Baptist church and left that church when I became an adult because there were some things I didn't agree with.  MINOR things compared to beheadings, stonings and murdering innocent people!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I've come to the conclusion that you are correct, after years of waiting for these moderate Muslims to get mad about the radicals.  I grew up in the Baptist church and left that church when I became an adult because there were some things I didn't agree with.  MINOR things compared to beheadings, stonings and murdering innocent people!

They don't get mad about the radicals. They get mad at those who get mad at the radicals.

It's like a father who gets angry at the neighbor who calls his daughter a whore, but ignores his daughter having sex with strangers for money in his own house.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
They don't get mad about the radicals. They get mad at those who get mad at the radicals.

It's like a father who gets angry at the neighbor who calls his daughter a whore, but ignores his daughter having sex with strangers for money in his own house.

You're right Luis.  That hypothetical father get's mad at the neighbor because he doesn't want to have to confront the truth about his daughter - who he loves because she is his.

Moderate Muslims don't want to have to confront the truth about their religion because it is the only culture they have ever known - so they accept it - I don't know, out of laziness, fear, and I guess a part of them has an inbred acceptance born from generations of living with it. 

Personally, I don't see how they sleep at night. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

I think it might be better to stop using "moderate" and "radical" and use the terms "non-practicing" and "practicing".  I'm sure out of the billion muslims there are a few that don't go to mosque or attend the bake sales.
There is something that I started thinking about a few weeks ago after reading about the former "Cat" Stevens.  When he converted from his religion of the month to islam, he went balls out, like most converts.  Making statements supporting the death penalty for the Salman Rushdie, stuff like that.  Not performing his music for almost 20 years, then performing it only a capella, to recently adding guitars ("because the prohet was known to enjoy stringed instruments").
People get tired of shit eventually and it's those in power and the young who perpetuate radicalism.  Those in power because that's how they get their Rolex watches.  The young because it takes their mind off being poor and not getting laid.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I think it might be better to stop using "moderate" and "radical" and use the terms "non-practicing" and "practicing".  I'm sure out of the billion muslims there are a few that don't go to mosque or attend the bake sales.
There is something that I started thinking about a few weeks ago after reading about the former "Cat" Stevens.  When he converted from his religion of the month to islam, he went balls out, like most converts.  Making statements supporting the death penalty for the Salman Rushdie, stuff like that.  Not performing his music for almost 20 years, then performing it only a capella, to recently adding guitars ("because the prohet was known to enjoy stringed instruments").
People get tired of shit eventually and it's those in power and the young who perpetuate radicalism.  Those in power because that's how they get their Rolex watches.  The young because it takes their mind off being poor and not getting laid.

The best paper that I've read to dater on the post 9/11 world and the war on terrorism, is John Lewis Geddes' "A Grand Strategy of Transformation".

Here's a great quote from it:

The final innovation in the Bush strategy deals with the longer term issue of removing the causes of terrorism and tyranny. Here, again, the president's thinking parallels an emerging consensus within the academic community. For it's becoming clear now that poverty wasn't what caused a group of middle-class and reasonably well-educated Middle Easterners to fly three airplanes into buildings and another into the ground. It was, rather, resentments growing out of the absence of representative institutions in their own societies, so that the only outlet for political dissidence was religious fanaticism.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Extremist Muslims that look to attack us do so because they hate us due to being brainwashed since they were children most of the time. They believe that the United States is the ultimate evil on Earth and that their only hope for survival is to destroy us. This kind of brainwashing would have occurred even if you took religion out of the picture entirely. There are countless Muslims that do not see it that way, so it is absurd to say that the religion itself is the driving force behind such hatred. Of course they are going to claim God is on their side when they do what they do. Their is no greater justification than to believe you are doing God's will.

As a general rule, I give very little credence to an argument in which the writer cannot properly use the word "there."  I assume if the writer is wrong about something so fundamental, he must also be missing a great deal that is fundamental in other areas.

Nothing in your argument has dissuaded me from continuing to embrace this rule.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:51:39 pm by massadvj »

Offline Dexter

As a general rule, I give very little credence to an argument in which the writer cannot properly use the word "there."  I assume if the writer is wrong about something so fundamental, he must also be missing a great deal that is fundamental in other areas.

Finding a single grammatical error in a post I have made and using that to discredit what I have said really says a lot about the strength of your position. Surely there is no way it was simply an oversight; I'm sure the great Massad has never made such an error. I'm also sure that none of the other posters on this forum have ever made a good point while they're having a conversation despite their lack of perfect grammar.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:31:11 am by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

It drives me batshit too.