Author Topic: Mass Shootings Up Due to Anti-Gun Fanatics  (Read 193 times)

rangerrebew

Mass Shootings Up Due to Anti-Gun Fanatics
« on: September 27, 2014, 09:59:10 am »

Mass Shootings Up Due to Anti-Gun Fanatics

Posted 1 min ago by Dave Jolly Filed under 2nd Amendment, Crime, Gun Control

The FBI recently stated that mass shootings have increased since 2000. They report that in the last 13 years, there have been 160 mass shootings resulting in the deaths of 486 people and the wounding of 557. Those figures do not include the death or wounding of the shooter. This amounts to nearly one mass shooting per month.

In the period between 2000 and around 2007, there were only 6.4 active shooter incidents a year. In the second half of the years studied that figure rose to 16.4 incidents a year.

They referred to the incidents as ‘active shooter incidents’ which are defined as:

"Individuals actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in populated areas (excluding shootings related to gang or drug violence)."

Further statistics reveal that in 40% of the incidents, the gunmen killed themselves. Of all of the ‘active shooters’, only six were female with the rest being male. I had to define the difference because in today’s America you can’t really be sure what sex some people are.

The two most telling details revealed in the report is the location and response time of law enforcement. The FBI stated that 70% of the active shooter incidents ‘occurred in either a commerce/business or educational environment.’ While they don’t come out in the report and identify how many of the establishments were gun-free zones, we know that most of them were, especially those at schools. The Aurora Theater shooting was also a gun free zone as were both shootings at Fort Hood.

Secondly, they reported that 60% of the mass shootings ended before law enforcement arrived at the scene. The majority of the shootings lasted less than five minutes with many of them lasting less than two minutes.

This is a powerful argument for schools to allow trained faculty to carry concealed weapons on campus at all times. Since it’s a fact that most of these incidents happen quickly and end before law enforcement arrives, having an armed person(s) on campus would not only deter the attack from happening in the first place, but could very well end it faster and cut down on the number of casualties. After all, there are 11 armed guards at the school where the Obama girls attend, so why not have at least one or two where your kids attend?

Now consider that Target and Panera Bread have also gone gun free opening themselves up for an active shooter incident anytime in the future. These shooters may be deranged but they’re not that stupid that they would attack a location knowing that they would face armed opposition. The more schools and businesses that have armed employees, the less likely they are to be the target of another active shooter incident.

But people like Barack Obama, Michael Bloomberg and Mom’s Demand Action want to disarm businesses and private citizens. They believe they will be safer in a gun free America, but they are delusional. Obama wants to ban guns so he can take over the country. Bloomberg and Moms Demand Action are operating on emotions rather than common sense. Bloomberg needs to spend his billions on more worthwhile endeavors like creating jobs for inner city poor people.

If Moms Demand Action really wants action, they would focus on the real problem which is a sin cursed society that is ripe with hatred and greed. We all know that there is only one solution to that – Jesus Christ. Christ has been taken out of almost every aspect of public life and then we wonder why we have such a violent and depraved people. We have to change the heart of people before we can change what they do and say. This may be taken out of context, but I believe the principle still applies to America today:

“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/17308/mass-shootings-due-anti-gun-fanatics/#7qF803wkdCUya221.99