Author Topic: The Obamas’ Difficult Life by KEITH KOFFLER  (Read 243 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Obamas’ Difficult Life by KEITH KOFFLER
« on: September 19, 2014, 04:21:52 pm »
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/09/19/obamas-difficult-life/

The Obamas’ Difficult Life
by KEITH KOFFLER on SEPTEMBER 19, 2014, 12:10 PM
It’s not easy being the Obamas.

Michelle Obama complained Wednesday about being Michelle Obama to the gravely ill children at St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital in Memphis. She was asked what was the best thing about living in the White House. Well, it’s no bucket of roses:

About being in the — about being First Lady is being able to do stuff like this, really.  And it is so special for me to get to meet kids like you guys.  Because sometimes living in the White House and being married to the President and trying to live a life like that, it can be hard.  But when I meet you guys, I am so inspired, which is one of the reasons why I like to come and spend time with you guys.  You all are smart, and you’re focused, and you’re just so courageous.  And it’s just fun to be able — I could be here all day with you, if you haven’t noticed.  (Laughter.)

President Obama apparently heard about her comments, or she told him about her comments, and he said this Wednesday evening to members of Congress at the congressional picnic:

The only other thing I want to say is thank you to the families.  (Applause.)  Michelle was traveling to St. Jude’s today to be with the amazing kids there and the doctors and staff who help families going through really tough diseases, but she would be the first one to testify that being married to a politician is not easy.  (Laughter.)  And being the partner of a politician, being the child of a politician — it’s hard.

And sometimes you see your loved one attacked, and sometimes you seem not appreciated, and they’re away too much and you’re having to shoulder some of the burdens of a family.  And so to all the spouses, all the children, everybody who helps support our public servants and our members of Congress, I just want to say thank you to you as well for the great job that you do.  We really, really appreciate it.

It don’t come easy. All this being president, living in a palace stuff, it’s not what you think. Sometimes Sam Kass overcooks the shrimp, you know? And they come out all rubbery and tasteless.

I understand. I get some of the nastiest emails, and it just makes me want to go to Hawaii for 21 days. But I resist the urge. Because I know, however wonderful Hawaii might be, there’s not enough legroom in coach.

Hang in there, Mr. President, just over two years left.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34