Author Topic: 'I'll rip your eyes out': Phil Hartman's second wife tells of disturbing letter from third wife Brynn Hartman, who shot the beloved comic actor in 1998 murder-suicide  (Read 925 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2739235/I-ll-rip-eyes-Phil-Hartman-s-second-wife-tells-disturbing-letter-wife-Brynn-Hartman-shot-beloved-comic-actor-1998-murder-suicide.html

Phil Hartman's third wife Brynn Hartman wrote a vitriol-filled letter to his second wife Lisa Strain
    Strain had written the couple a card congratulating them on the birth of their first child
    Brynn threatened Strain's life and said if she contacted her again, she'd 'rip [her] eyes out'   
    Ten years after she sent the letter to Strain, Brynn shot Phil Hartman dead as he slept
    She shot herself dead shortly after

Offline flowers

I remember when this happened. i was truly heartbroken. Hartman was a funny talented man.

Offline mountaineer

What a strange situation that was. I don't suppose Phil knew what a nutcase she was when he married her.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

What a strange situation that was. I don't suppose Phil knew what a nutcase she was when he married her.
I don't know, but she had problems with drugs and alcohol during the marriage.