Author Topic: Fox’s Ed Henry: Obama’s ‘No Strategy’ Remark a ‘Disaster’ for WH  (Read 1376 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737192/Obama-says-don-t-strategy-Syria-rules-bombing-destroy-ISIS-anytime-soon-claims-terror-network-losing-ground-Iraq-airstrikes.html

'We don't have a strategy yet': Obama stuns Washington by admitting he is clueless about tackling ISIS

Questions loom about what the White House will do to combat ISIS terrorists in Syria even it the US defeats them in Iraq
    Obama said he has asked his generals for a plan but hasn't adopted one yet
    'We can rout ISIS on the ground and keep a lid on things temporarily,' he said, 'but then as soon as we leave, the same problems come back again'
    The president said four times that he would seek advice – not necessarily approval – from Congress before ordering airstrikes in Syria
    Crushing the Islamist militant group inside Syria would end up aiding dictator Bashar al-Assad, since ISIS is among the rebel groups fighting him

By David Martosko, Us Political Editor for MailOnline

Published: 17:01 EST, 28 August 2014 | Updated: 02:10 EST, 29 August 2014

President Barack Obama said during a Thursday press conference that his administration doesn't have a plan worked out yet for defeating the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) in Syria.

'I don't want to put the cart before the horse,' Obama said at the White House. 'We don't have a strategy yet.'

'We need to make sure we've got clear plans, and we're developing them,' he said. 'At that point I will consult with Congress and make sure their voices are heard.'

'What I've seen in some of the news reports suggests that folks are getting a little further ahead of where we're at than we currently are,' Obama cautioned.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-ed-henry-obamas-no-strategy-remark-a-disaster-for-wh/

Fox’s Ed Henry: Obama’s ‘No Strategy’ Remark a ‘Disaster’ for WH
by Josh Feldman | 9:19 pm, August 28th, 2014

Megyn Kelly was incredibly bewildered Thursday night at President Obama‘s comment about having no concrete Syria strategy yet. Ed Henry was very blunt in telling Kelly that this is an unqualified “disaster” for the White House.

Henry admitted he was “stunned” that none of his colleagues in the briefing room followed up on that remark of the president’s, especially considering how quickly after the presser the White House jumped right into “damage control mode.”

And whereas last night Henry blew Kelly’s mind by telling her Obama would be attending one fundraiser on Friday, he told her tonight that actually, it’s going to be two fundraisers. Kelly sarcastically said it’s obviously no problem, since the White House is working long and hard on an ISIS strategy.

Watch the video below, via Fox News:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-ed-henry-obamas-no-strategy-remark-a-disaster-for-wh/#ooid=k3MGl4bzqZi3HwnvKBkL7ydHxZnyGfNT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

It is so frustrating to watch this all happen. Any thinking person with an awareness level slightly above a house plant knows that Obama and his administration are not prepared, and not competent, (most of us suspect evil intent).

But the media, those rotten scumbags, have decided to protect Obama, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. So, Barry says something stupid, and the "reporters" sit on their hands. They will spin, as Scarborough did, saying it's a stroke of genius by our affirmative action hire. Those that don't spin it, will simply not report what was said.

Media members are the biggest reason for the collapse of this republic. I hate them with a seething, burning, white hot hatred. May each and every one of them get exactly what they deserve.

Offline Lando Lincoln

It is so frustrating to watch this all happen. Any thinking person with an awareness level slightly above a house plant knows that Obama and his administration are not prepared, and not competent, (most of us suspect evil intent).

But the media, those rotten scumbags, have decided to protect Obama, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. So, Barry says something stupid, and the "reporters" sit on their hands. They will spin, as Scarborough did, saying it's a stroke of genius by our affirmative action hire. Those that don't spin it, will simply not report what was said.

Media members are the biggest reason for the collapse of this republic. I hate them with a seething, burning, white hot hatred. May each and every one of them get exactly what they deserve.

I'm with you Relic.  And, I have yet to hear anyone from the media challenge, question or remark on this:

"... it is a sacred duty for me as commander in chief to protect the American people, and that requires me to act fast based on information I receive if an embassy of ours or a consulate of ours is being threatened."

President Barack Obama
August 28, 2014

Anyone?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

I would add only one thing to your excellent post, Relic. Colleges and universities that indoctrinate our children deserve our equal scorn along with the media. Fix those two institutions and we stand a chance to get America back. It starts there, not with our politicos; they just want reelection and pander to whichever media elite will spell their name right.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I'm with you Relic.  And, I have yet to hear anyone from the media challenge, question or remark on this:

"... it is a sacred duty for me as commander in chief to protect the American people, and that requires me to act fast based on information I receive if an embassy of ours or a consulate of ours is being threatened."

President Barack Obama
August 28, 2014

Anyone?

What I have to say about that remark cannot be posted here.

8888crybaby
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

Makes me wonder why he said that?  If he really didn't have a strategy, why not lie and say he did.  Then make some general statements about how he isn't going to share it to avoid informing ISIS.  He certainly has no problem lying every other time he opens his mouth.

Why believe him just because he said what we already believe?

It's probably another lie anyway.  The question is, what *is* his strategy?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

I would add only one thing to your excellent post, Relic. Colleges and universities that indoctrinate our children deserve our equal scorn along with the media. Fix those two institutions and we stand a chance to get America back. It starts there, not with our politicos; they just want reelection and pander to whichever media elite will spell their name right.

Excellent and spot on AC!

Offline olde north church

You're on your own.  Get used to it.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Relic

8888crybaby

It's chutzpah at a level that is unmatched.

I've said it before, Obama could say he eats white babies for breakfast, and the media would report that he's on a healthy, high protein diet.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Makes me wonder why he said that?  If he really didn't have a strategy, why not lie and say he did.  Then make some general statements about how he isn't going to share it to avoid informing ISIS.  He certainly has no problem lying every other time he opens his mouth.

Why believe him just because he said what we already believe?

It's probably another lie anyway.  The question is, what *is* his strategy?

His strategy is to lie, deceive, dissemble, deflect, and dither, pretending to be President while availing himself of any and all opportunities to do what he enjoys: golfing, speechifying, fund-raising, and basking in the glow of his own self-admiration.

And our "news media" allow this man to get away with all of the above while the world burns beneath him, either because they share his ideology or fear being shunned by members of their own class.

Either way, the media are enabling catastrophe, and that is what is coming.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline MACVSOG68

Good post.  If anyone just saw PM Cameron's speech, you would have seen everything Obama left out of his, especially calling it what it is...Islamic terrorism.  Cameron did spell out a strategy, but the main thing I took from that speech and Q&A session was that he knew what he was talking about and came across as a leader.  What a difference.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Lando Lincoln

This whole episode we are living is stunning in its arrogance and ineptitude which is exacerbated by political correctness, welfare state mentalities and as mentioned, indoctrination of thought.  We live in the most perilous period of our lifetime.  Existential peril.  Yet, the vast many are blissfully ignorant and unaware.  The typical college student worries about nothing more than a myopic definition of "equality" and turning back "white privilege".  We have directed hate and fear... inward.  We loathe the wealthy, Wall Street, the accomplished.  We scorn and disdain the fundamental principles that made us who we are, or were.

I, like many, sense we are at the end of the run.  Good Lord.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Relic

November 2012 told me that.
I get confirmation on an almost daily basis.

Offline alicewonders

This whole episode we are living is stunning in its arrogance and ineptitude which is exacerbated by political correctness, welfare state mentalities and as mentioned, indoctrination of thought.  We live in the most perilous period of our lifetime.  Existential peril.  Yet, the vast many are blissfully ignorant and unaware.  The typical college student worries about nothing more than a myopic definition of "equality" and turning back "white privilege".  We have directed hate and fear... inward.  We loathe the wealthy, Wall Street, the accomplished.  We scorn and disdain the fundamental principles that made us who we are, or were.

:amen: :amen: :amen:

Offline MACVSOG68

Couldn't have said it better Lando, though I always have some hope, "some" being the operative word.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline aligncare

Agreed, Lando. We are living in perilous times, and not just because there's a communist in the White House. But, because the only push back to the communist in the White House is a tepid opposition party. They don't fill me with much hope they are up to the task of restoring our constitutional republic. And, I've heard it said before, in many ways they are the Democrat lite party and have assisted Democrats in building the beast that ate America in Washington DC.

Offline GourmetDan

His strategy is to lie, deceive, dissemble, deflect, and dither, pretending to be President while availing himself of any and all opportunities to do what he enjoys: golfing, speechifying, fund-raising, and basking in the glow of his own self-admiration.

Yes... so what is he lying about by saying he has no ISIS strategy?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline andy58-in-nh

Yes... so what is he lying about by saying he has no ISIS strategy?

That wasn't a lie. It's a dither.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GourmetDan

I know we all want to believe it wasn't a lie, but it most likely was...

Offline katzenjammer

It really doesn't matter in the least what he SAYS or doesn't SAY.

Just watch what DOES or doesn't DO.  The result that he desires is the deeper entrenchment of MB entites all over the ME and NA.  The real struggle will be for the head of the caliphate, his best bud Ergodan will have to wage a bloody battle to secure it.

Offline aligncare

Agree. I've always maintained Obama is a lazy incompetent first, and ideological second. Ergo, I don't think he is "evil."  It follows, however, he is most often wrong. And in this case, very dangerous to America's safety.

Offline GourmetDan

It really doesn't matter in the least what he SAYS or doesn't SAY.

Just watch what DOES or doesn't DO.  The result that he desires is the deeper entrenchment of MB entites all over the ME and NA.  The real struggle will be for the head of the caliphate, his best bud Ergodan will have to wage a bloody battle to secure it.

Yeah sure, could be that.

I was just trying to point out that we tend (as a group) to accept what he says when it fits our opinions of him when it most likely is just as much a lie as when he makes outrageous claims that are obvious lies. 

I think it's always wise to think about why he might be lying and what his purpose could be even though it fits with what we already believe about him...

Offline katzenjammer

Yeah sure, could be that.

I was just trying to point out that we tend (as a group) to accept what he says when it fits our opinions of him when it most likely is just as much a lie as when he makes outrageous claims that are obvious lies. 

I think it's always wise to think about why he might be lying and what his purpose could be even though it fits with what we already believe about him...

Oh yes, I agree totally.  It is part of the beauty of the "Left vs. Right" paradigm, you'll always have around 1/2 of the population clamoring for what they really want done....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:32:06 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline flowers

8888crybaby
Did he say that last night at that presser?