General Category > General Discussion

Ayn Rand and/or Atlas Shrugged Quotes to ponder

(1/29) > >>

Lando Lincoln:
I was going to call it "Quote of the Day", but that would require discipline and it has an implied promise...

--------------

"Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction."
- Atlas Shrugged - Part 2, Chapter 2

andy58-in-nh:
Along that line, I'll offer another:

“Let me give you a tip on a clue to men's characters: the man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it.”

Lando Lincoln:

--- Quote from: andy58-in-nh on February 05, 2013, 05:36:07 pm ---Along that line, I'll offer another:

“Let me give you a tip on a clue to men's characters: the man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it.”

--- End quote ---

Excellent Andy! 

Lando Lincoln:
I need to re-state that quote with more of the complete thought.

"Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction. When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns – or dollars. Take your choice – there is no other – and your time is running out."

Lando Lincoln:
“Through all the centuries of the worship of the mindless, whatever stagnation humanity chose to endure, whatever brutality to practice–it was only by the grace of the men who perceived that wheat must have water in order to grow, that stones laid in a curve will form an arch, that two and two make four, that love is not served by torture and life is not fed by destruction–only by the grace of those men did the rest of them learn to experience moments when they caught the spark of being human.”
Atlas Shrugged Part 3, Chapter 1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version