Author Topic: Member help thread  (Read 21766 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

Re: Member help thread
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 05:59:26 pm »
My penguins look like they have been on a starvation diet while in storage.  Does anyone know how to fatten them up in cyberland?

JM Let me grab it and see if i can fix them

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 06:45:28 pm »
JM Let me grab it and see if i can fix them

Is it any better now? JM

Offline JulietteMerry

• Inactive Members
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 06:47:27 pm »
About a minute ago, I noticed a weight gain.  Thank you, R4S

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 06:49:45 pm »
About a minute ago, I noticed a weight gain.  Thank you, R4S

LOL you are welcome ;D

I found another pic online and then upped the av numbers a little bit here.
As long as they don't effect the site, we can leave them where they are.

Offline JulietteMerry

• Inactive Members
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2009, 09:05:56 pm »
I thought I pressed a strange button.  I like that new home page.  It reminds me of royalty.  The colors are very calming.

Offline JulietteMerry

• Inactive Members
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2009, 09:11:15 pm »
Now, I'm thinking you are either gas lighting us or I did hit a strange button.  What happened to the golden pages?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2009, 09:15:13 pm »
We were testing out new themes...the last one's font was too small and didn't have very many bells and whistles...although it was pretty..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2009, 09:29:10 pm »
We also just upgraded and have to get themes that coordinate with that or we lose some functions.
There were some functions missing in the Pretty one ;D

Offline JulietteMerry

• Inactive Members
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2009, 05:25:33 pm »
I keep getting this message

500 - Internal Server Error
 This is a temporary server error.
Please try to reload the webpage later.
If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.

Common reasons for this error are:

Incorrect file/directory permissions: Above 755.
In order files to be processed by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or below 755. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.

Incorrect Apache directives inside .htaccess file.
Make sure you have not specified unsupported directives inside the local .htaccess file. Such include PHP settings and Apache module settings.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2009, 05:41:12 pm »
JM....that may be on your end and ISP.....I haven't had any problems but will check to see...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2009, 06:02:32 pm »
JM....an update...we just got an email and our host is moving things on the server so you might experience some tech problems....sorry.

Nancy
Support the USO

Offline JulietteMerry

• Inactive Members
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2009, 06:08:17 pm »
JM....an update...we just got an email and our host is moving things on the server so you might experience some tech problems....sorry.

Nancy

I am actually glad to hear that.  We had a problem with Comcast this week which involved them climbing the pole behind our house and making adjustments.  I was worried it was Comcast again.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2009, 06:11:47 pm »
grrrrrr....don't get me started on comcast...lol
Support the USO

Offline JulietteMerry

• Inactive Members
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2009, 06:31:18 pm »
grrrrrr....don't get me started on comcast...lol

My husband reported Comcast to the FCC and we now have a personal assistant from the executive office to contact.lol  I'll be happy to give you her name and number.  I was very aggravated because now they want to charge a service fee every month in case they have to come out and fix a problem they are creating.  I made such a fuss that they didn't charge us the last time to fix the problem.  I never yell at anyone I just point out the errors of their thinking.  They are now wiring our village for AT&T.  We are seriously considering switching.  I also can't believe Comcast actually wants us to change our phone service over to them.  As my husband told them, are you crazy?  If we have a problem with our internet and TV how are we supposed to contact you?   They couldn't answer him lol.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2009, 06:40:59 pm »
LMAO....I love your hubby's response...
Support the USO

Offline Liberty

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2009, 02:46:22 pm »
There is a software feature that allows members to view threads that have responses to their posts. It was available in the upper left hand corner of the screen and was very helpful in following threads where you had mafe comments. This is not a feature in the user profile as far as I can tell.

Right now if you log onto TOS you will see it in the upper left hand corner under your name along with a link to all the posts since you've been gone.

Is there any chance we can get that feature tuned on again here? It is soo helpful in following the conversations you're involved in.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2009, 02:54:01 pm »
There is a software feature that allows members to view threads that have responses to their posts. It was available in the upper left hand corner of the screen and was very helpful in following threads where you had mafe comments. This is not a feature in the user profile as far as I can tell.

Right now if you log onto TOS you will see it in the upper left hand corner under your name along with a link to all the posts since you've been gone.

Is there any chance we can get that feature tuned on again here? It is soo helpful in following the conversations you're involved in.

I am puzzled. We haven't removed anything.  left corner under your name? What page?

Offline JulietteMerry

• Inactive Members
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2009, 03:33:08 pm »
I am puzzled. We haven't removed anything.  left corner under your name? What page?

I see it on the Daily Briefing room in the upper left hand corner.  BTW, only in the Daily Briefing Room I see the question mark in the blue box where the word NEW is usually printed.  I get around it by looking at the dates and times of the responses.

Offline Liberty

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2009, 11:06:19 pm »

Here is a screen capture of the TOS index page. The two links are in the user info section at the top left. The first one says "show unread posts since last visit" the one right below that says "show new replies to your posts".

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2009, 11:13:45 pm »
Yes Liberty I know. It is supposed to be here. We have that theme too but it sucks!

We have several themes stored and they all have the feature except this one. I do not know why. I am going to check with smf and find out.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2009, 11:20:23 pm »

It would certainly be nice to have with one click of the mouse a direct link to replies ... or a cheeseburger.  If we're voting, I choose the cheeseburger.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2009, 11:38:03 pm »
I'll take the cheeseburger too...lol
Support the USO

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2009, 11:47:07 pm »
...............UPDATE ON THEMES AND LAST POSTS...........
You now havea total of 3 themes to choose. All of them but the default give you the latest posts to you at the top.  I will add more when I find ones that work with the core we are using.

To change your theme.. Go to Profile >Look andLayout > At the top middle it will say theme (change) click change and choose the look you want ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:55:29 pm by Repub4Sarah »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2009, 11:47:40 pm »
If only the Internet worked that way.  Life would be good and food plentiful.  But, at this point I'll be happy having a computer that moves faster than molasses in winter.  :-\  

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2009, 11:50:27 pm »
If only the Internet worked that way.  Life would be good and food plentiful.  But, at this point I'll be happy having a computer that moves faster than molasses in winter.  :-\  

You poor thing :'(  You can change your theme though now on your profile page. try the rounded one and see if you like it ;D