General Category > General Discussion

Woman drives 900 miles out of her way after GPS error

<< < (4/4)

mountaineer:

--- Quote from: Ford289HiPo on January 17, 2013, 02:16:13 am ---Beautiful country, isn't it.

I drove from Zagreb to Rijeka, on to Pula, and down the western Istrian peninsula and back up the eastern side. I also hung out in Split and Brac.

--- End quote ---
Loved it. We visited Mr. M's relatives in tiny little towns near Ogulin, west of Zagreb. They all served us slivovits - at about 9 a.m.   :thud:

mystery-ak:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on January 16, 2013, 09:36:41 pm ---LOL!

My girlfriend could be this lady.

She once drove 25 miles in the wrong direction before she had an inkling.   

....but 900 MILES??

--- End quote ---

I think we have all driven out of our way at sometime but 900mi...right!......that's 15hrs at 60mph..she would have had to stop for gas, eat etc..what was her first clue she was going the wrong way...like others here I think this is a bogus story.

happyg:
A friend from out of town wanted to visit my son. Since she was driving, I told her which way to turn. She replied she didn't need help because she had her gps. So, after going up and down city streets, and out and about in the country, we got to my son's. She told me she didn't realize it was so far away.

On the way back, it was dark and she asked me to drive, so I back out of the drive, going left for three miles, turned left again for three miles, and was home. I live one block from a four-lane, and there is only one turn to get to my son's house. She apologized. ;)

Ford289HiPo:

--- Quote from: Atomic Cow on January 17, 2013, 02:38:40 am ---I had a good (Internet) friend who lives in Split.  She would always send me pictures from it and the surrounding area; beautiful country.  I had actually thought about going there as part of European trip, but the trip got delayed indefinitely and she and I had a total falling out when I found she was bad mouthing me behind my back and had been for months.

--- End quote ---

Go anyways. You won't regret it. Split is a beautiful area, and the Diocletians palace dates to something like 900BC. The pedestrian zone is paved with white marble that looks polished. In the mornings after the locals wash it down, you'd think you're about to step on clear ice.
It's an area full of history and a lot cheaper than Italy.

SouthTexas:
Had a girl ask me the other day how she got BACK to I10, she was over 50 miles south.  Only thing I could offer was to send her back the way she came.  Told her there were easier ways, but if she missed an interstate highway, I wasn't about to send her down country roads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version