General Category > General Discussion

Man releases trapped mouse into the wild rather than exterminate it… only for hawk to swoop and kill it within seconds

(1/3) > >>

mystery-ak:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2260836/Man-releases-trapped-mouse-wild-exterminate-hawk-swoop-kill-seconds.html

Man releases trapped mouse into the wild rather than exterminate it… only for hawk to swoop and kill it within seconds

By Jill Reilly

PUBLISHED: 10:52 EST, 11 January 2013 | UPDATED: 13:48 EST, 11 January 2013

A man carefully released a mouse he had captured back into the wild rather than kill only for a hawk to swoop and kill it within seconds.

The unfortunate series of events was captured on camera by a friend who witnessed the doomed release.

The YouTube clip begins with the man, is not identified, as he takes the mouse to a park in a bin to release it back into the wild.

andy58-in-nh:
I once did the same thing and witnessed nature in all its glory.

Back when we had a problem with mice in the house, I had a few of those "Have a Heart" safe capture plastic traps placed around (my young daughter insisted upon them, so fine).

Woke up one morning at sunrise to find a mouse in one of them and took it outside, flipped it over... mouse scampers across the yard... and almost instantly, a big red-tail hawk comes screaming down at full throttle from a white pine, snatches up Mr. Mouse and flies off victoriously.

At first I stood there with my mouth agape - and then laughed my ass off at the natural perfection of the moment. 

Of course I never had the heart to tell my daughter about it. ;-)

PzLdr:

--- Quote from: andy58-in-nh on January 11, 2013, 08:04:28 pm ---I once did the same thing and witnessed nature in all its glory.

Back when we had a problem with mice in the house, I had a few of those "Have a Heart" safe capture plastic traps placed around (my young daughter insisted upon them, so fine).

Woke up one morning at sunrise to find a mouse in one of them and took it outside, flipped it over... mouse scampers across the yard... and almost instantly, a big red-tail hawk comes screaming down at full throttle from a white pine, snatches up Mr. Mouse and flies off victoriously.

At first I stood there with my mouth agape - and then laughed my ass off at the natural perfection of the moment. 

Of course I never had the heart to tell my daughter about it. ;-)

--- End quote ---

Friend of my buudy's brother in law [in Colo.] built a nice house out in the heart of nature. Goes out on deck. Bichon Frise runs into yard. Golden Eagle snaps up snack.  :seeya:

Rapunzel:

--- Quote from: PzLdr on January 11, 2013, 11:25:11 pm ---Friend of my buudy's brother in law [in Colo.] built a nice house out in the heart of nature. Goes out on deck. Bichon Frise runs into yard. Golden Eagle snaps up snack.  :seeya:

--- End quote ---

My friends have two Cocker Spaniels and one very small 9-pound Silkie Terrier.. in the early summer they were at their house here for a week and the husband came in the house and said "don't let Mystie out"... turns out there was a huge hawk circling the house over and over again and he was afraid it would swoop down and take her... this same dog already survived being attacked in the backyard of their California house by a coyote...  that time she managed to escape by biting the coyote on the nose and then running like crazy into the house, bleeding all over the place in the process, barely survived because she went into shock, can't imagine if a hawk grabbed her.

happyg:
Many years ago, there was a mouse in my house, but I didn't have anything handy to get it, so told my little brother to bring me a rat trap (poor choice of words). In the middle of the night, a loud noise woke me, and I saw half a mouse on a large muskrat trap, blood all over the place, but didn't see the rest of the mouse. I followed the blood trail to the bathroom, and it disappeared by the wall. I figure it ran outside, but instead, it died under the tub. I figured that out a day or so later because of the rotten, gut wrenching odor! I was nine months pregnant, and spent a lot of time bent over Mom's toilet. We had no money to get rid of that big old tub at the time, so stayed with my parents until the odor left. I still cringe thinking about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version