General Category > Military/Defense News

Gen. Stanley McChrystal: I Never Thought I’d Be Accused of ‘Disloyalty or Disrespect’

(1/2) > >>

famousdayandyear:

Gen. Stanley McChrystal: I Never Thought I’d Be Accused of ‘Disloyalty or Disrespect’
By Melanie Hunter
January 7, 2013

(CNSNews.com) – Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who was forced to resign as U.S. commander in Afghanistan in 2010 after his top aides made anonymous comments to Rolling Stones magazine disparaging Obama administration officials, told CBS News on Sunday that he never thought he would ever be “accused of anything approaching disloyalty or disrespect.”

"My whole life, I'd expected that I could get killed in war," McChrystal said. "In my wildest dreams I never once thought I could be accused of anything approaching disloyalty or disrespect."

McChrystal was called to Washington to meet with Obama face-to-face. McChrystal told the president that he would support his “any decision he made – if he wanted me to go back or if he wanted to accept my resignation, which I carried with me.” The president accepted McChrystal’s resignation.

“I’d been a soldier, an officer, for more than 34 years. And now at 55, in an instant, all of that has changed. I’m not a soldier. And everything that I think I am and everything that I had tried to be is at least in question,” McChrystal said.

McChrystal wrote about the ordeal in his book, “My Share of the Task,” which comes out Monday, saying he takes responsibility for the Rolling Stone article.

"Regardless of how I judged the story for fairness or accuracy, responsibility was mine," he wrote.

McChrystal was replaced by Gen. David Petraeus, who was later tapped to lead the Central Intelligence Agency, only to resign last year after news surfaced of his extramarital affair.

(McChrystal Interview @ Link)

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gen-stanley-mcchrystal-i-never-thought-i-d-be-accused-disloyalty-or-disrespect-0

mystery-ak:
They destroyed this man...so sad....

btw he is on Hannity's radio show right now

Rapunzel:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on January 07, 2013, 10:08:01 pm ---They destroyed this man...so sad....

btw he is on Hannity's radio show right now

--- End quote ---

I saw an ad on Fox he is going to be on Hannity tonight

Ford289HiPo:
McChrystal tied our troops hands with restrictive ROE's. I have no pity for him.

famousdayandyear:

--- Quote from: Ford289HiPo on January 08, 2013, 01:09:54 am ---McChrystal tied our troops hands with restrictive ROE's. I have no pity for him.

--- End quote ---

Thought Petraeus was the architect of COIN (and attending terrible ROEs).  For sure, Petraeus wrote the Field Manual--and was not McChrystal under his command at the time? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version