Author Topic: NATO resumes training of ANP (regardless of insider attacks)  (Read 1174 times)

famousdayandyear

NATO resumes training of ANP (regardless of insider attacks)
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:53:06 pm »
NATO resumes training of ANP
October 8th, 2012

The Washington Times reports that US Special Forces soldiers have resumed training the Afghan National Police after a few weeks suspension of that training while the Afghans reviewed their hiring techniques;

When a man showed up at a local police site in early September, other members identified him as a Taliban insurgent, the spokesman said.

Under questioning, the man revealed he was sent by a local Taliban leader to kill the local police commander and any coalition forces. He admitted that he tried to infiltrate a nearby site but found it too difficult.

Within the past month, coalition forces have arrested at least three Taliban insurgents and killed at least one seeking to infiltrate or plan more attacks — a promising sign that the U.S.-led coalition is learning how to reduce these attacks.

“It is too early to say that we are seeing a turning point,” said Army Maj. Adam Wojack, a spokesman for the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).

Well, that’s good news, but if you were able to read my email, you’d see why I’m not believing it. The numbers of these attacks are much greater than the media would have us believe. We only hear about the attacks that are successful, the actual numbers of the attempts are exponentially higher. I knew that when the White House called them “negligible”.

If this administration wants us to believe that their strategy is working, all they have to do is hide the actual attacks from the public and that’s what I believe their plans will be in this regard between now and the election. The fact that Afghans are turning in their neighbors before they have a chance to kill is good, but it makes me wonder why they haven’t done it sooner – as well as these other measures that should have been happening before.

But I guess the political benefit of announcing the swelling ranks of the ANP was more important than our folks getting murdered while they were unarmed.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=32288