General Category > General Discussion

Pets Welcomed

<< < (367/1706) > >>

Elderberry:
I was pleaded to take in an adult raccoon from a good friend's neighbor. He had owned it from a kit but had let it have the run of the city neighborhood. He knew that neighbors would kill it one day for raiding their garbage cans. He'd been warned more than once. I had a 4 ft cubed cage and he was totally irate whenever I put him in it. To get him out of the cage, I'd put on both a pair of leather gloves and over them welding gloves. He would chomp down on my hand, I'd nestle him in my arms while he still chomped down on my hand. I could feel his teeth thru both gloves. I'd toss him into my room, our garage converted into a game room. For quite a while he would circle the room growling. After awhile he would come to me and would be the most playful pet I've ever had. But if I came to him, I'd never know what kind of mood he was in.

I had a good friend who had 2 raccoons growing up, until the neighbors shot both of them. He always wanted us to take the raccoon with us in the car when we went cruising. It sure freaked out a hitchhiker we picked up. One Friday nite he talked me into take the raccoon into a record store, he knew the owner, and said it'd be OK. Like a fool, I took him into the store chocked full of customers. He was going back and forth on my shoulders. He then got on top of my head. He started to climb down my chest , so I brought my arms up to catch him. With no warning he bit me in the throat. I grabbed a handful of his fur in the middle of his back and yanked him off my throat. I knew there was no way I could let him get loose inside the store full of people. So I held him out as far from me as I could as he spun around and around attacking my arm and chest. I got him back into the car and got in with him. He growled for a good while before he settled down.   A week or so after that I gave him his freedom.

Cyber Liberty:

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: corbe on June 26, 2021, 12:52:08 pm ---

--- End quote ---

My daughter has mentioned that costumed purse-sized dogs being walked are pretty common in her city in China. That's aside from the often necessary sweaters necessary for winter weather.

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on June 27, 2021, 03:35:52 am ---

--- End quote ---

"I caught him. Now what?!"

AllThatJazzZ:

--- Quote from: corbe on June 26, 2021, 12:52:08 pm ---

--- End quote ---

This is GOLF ... Guffaw out loud funny.

corbe:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page