Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502126 times)

Online corbe

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1800 on: June 03, 2021, 03:55:57 pm »
   According to this article my cat loves me, something has to change.   (I need a dog)

9 Signs That Prove Your Cat Loves You More Than Anything

Elena Nicolaou  4 hrs ago

Real talk: Does this cat love me, or does it love what I can do for it? It's a question many a cat parent has pondered.

We spoke to a cat behaviorist and a veterinarian to learn if your cat loves you for you—or for your food. Here are behaviors that prove your cat loves you.
Mikel Delgado, cat behavior expert with Rover, confirmed that cats can, indeed, feel affection for humans. “Cats can have a lot of the same emotions that we do, including liking to be around us and enjoying our presence,” she says. “I believe they are capable of enjoying relationships with us and even loving us. ”

Cats derive pleasure, safety, and comfort from their relationships with humans. However, all cats express their happiness with their human companions differently. Long story short? Cats have distinct personalities, just like people.

“Some cats are more affectionate than others, or they're more obvious with their affection,” Delgado explains. "For some cats, the way they show they love you is to want to be in the same room with you. For other cats, the way they show they love you is sitting on your chest and purring in your face.”

Delgado gave us tips for interpreting cat behavior, no matter what kind of feline you have, you can see once and for all, that your cat does indeed love you.

Step one? Make sure your cat has been socialized.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/pets/9-signs-that-prove-your-cat-loves-you-more-than-anything/ar-AAKDqIL?ocid=msedgntp
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:57:21 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1801 on: June 03, 2021, 08:30:56 pm »
   Here's the next Dog the local Humane Society won't allow me to pay the $200 adoption fee for.   These people are azzholes.

@corbe

What's wrong with my screen? I don't see a pic of the dog you didn't get to adopt (and the dog @Cyber Liberty dissed for no valid reason  9999hair out0000).

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online corbe

« Reply #1802 on: June 03, 2021, 08:41:57 pm »
@corbe

What's wrong with my screen? I don't see a pic of the dog you didn't get to adopt (and the dog @Cyber Liberty dissed for no valid reason  9999hair out0000).

@AllThatJazzZ

The dog(s) I wanted were adopted by someone else so they took the IMAGE off their webpage which I directly linked.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 08:44:05 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1803 on: June 03, 2021, 09:23:50 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

The dog(s) I wanted were adopted by someone else so they took the IMAGE off their webpage which I directly linked.

@corbe

Sorry you missed out. Are you still in the market for a dog?

I heard about my rescue on the radio (Pet of the Week segment) and called to see if he was still available before making the 2-hour drive. He's a poodle, and poodles go quickly. But two things he had going against him were his age (12 at the time) and his vision (blind in one eye). That probably worked in my favor. Since he was "damaged goods," they only charged me $50 adoption fee! I paid them quickly before they had the chance to change their minds. He's been mine for a year and a half now. And, like you, I've never allowed any of my dogs to be barkers. They're allowed to bark with purpose (someone's at the door, scary noise outside the house), but incessant barking isn't allowed. I tend to get a tad annoyed when people stereotype small dogs, especially in that the barkingest dog I've ever had was my collie when I was a kid. Plus the fact that far too often I have to listen to the German Shepherd next door for hours.

Online corbe

« Reply #1804 on: June 03, 2021, 09:39:32 pm »
@corbe

Sorry you missed out. Are you still in the market for a dog?

I heard about my rescue on the radio (Pet of the Week segment) and called to see if he was still available before making the 2-hour drive. He's a poodle, and poodles go quickly. But two things he had going against him were his age (12 at the time) and his vision (blind in one eye). That probably worked in my favor. Since he was "damaged goods," they only charged me $50 adoption fee! I paid them quickly before they had the chance to change their minds. He's been mine for a year and a half now. And, like you, I've never allowed any of my dogs to be barkers. They're allowed to bark with purpose (someone's at the door, scary noise outside the house), but incessant barking isn't allowed. I tend to get a tad annoyed when people stereotype small dogs, especially in that the barkingest dog I've ever had was my collie when I was a kid. Plus the fact that far too often I have to listen to the German Shepherd next door for hours.

@AllThatJazzZ
   Got a big black Lab across the street that barks at everything, keeps strangers and even Deer away, most the time.
   Still can't keep roses.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1805 on: June 03, 2021, 10:38:59 pm »
My little guy had to have a procedure called Ciliary Body Ablation last week. He is blind in one eye due to glaucoma. Despite medical drops and supplements for eye health, his eye pressure started going higher in that eye. It was time to get it addressed.

More about the procedure here:
https://vetgirlontherun.com/how-to-perform-ciliary-body-ablation-in-dogs-vetgirl-veterinary-ce-videos-blog/

It's about 80% successful. If his isn't successful, removal of the eye is the next step. Praying this worked.

He looks a bit more normal since the CBA. See the comparison. (In the 2nd pic, I accidentally caught him in mid lick.) His white eye now has a reddish look to it.

While I truly hope he doesn't have to have an eye removal, I realize there's a possibility. Has anyone ever had to experience their dog losing an eye?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1806 on: June 03, 2021, 10:44:01 pm »
That poor baby!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1807 on: June 03, 2021, 10:53:12 pm »
While I truly hope he doesn't have to have an eye removal, I realize there's a possibility. Has anyone ever had to experience their dog losing an eye?

Yeah. one of mine spent most his life without his left eye. Lost it in a tussle with a cougar. nothing left of it.

Had to keep it packed and sowed shut till the healing was done, and then opened and the packing removed and anything left was removed at that time... and then the lid sowed shut. Had a hella scar across his face from that ever after... But he lived a good long while just fine after, well adjusted... Lost him a while later, when he was maybe 6 or 8... The forest took him and he never came back.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #1808 on: June 06, 2021, 12:12:17 am »
Well, after our dog Indy died from a heart attack while chasing a deer on January 8th, we were muttless. At the end of January, #2 son (the fireman), called to tell us that a fellow fireman on his shift just had a bitch who gave birth to 9 pups on January 17. We talked about it, and decided to make the drive and go see if we wanted one of them. The first week of February, he called and told us that they had opened their eyes and were starting to move around. We made teh 3 hour drive to go see them. We picked one little male. BTW...I call the breed German Chocolate. Momma was a purbred Chocolate Lab, Daddy a purebred black German Shepherd.

This is the little guy we went home with on Feb 28. Itroducing Duke!

Puppies grow fast. Here he is at 10 weeks

First bath after rolling in the mud at 15 weeks

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 12:15:38 am by Joe Wooten »

Online libertybele

« Reply #1809 on: June 06, 2021, 12:44:47 am »
Well, after our dog Indy died from a heart attack while chasing a deer on January 8th, we were muttless. At the end of January, #2 son (the fireman), called to tell us that a fellow fireman on his shift just had a bitch who gave birth to 9 pups on January 17. We talked about it, and decided to make the drive and go see if we wanted one of them. The first week of February, he called and told us that they had opened their eyes and were starting to move around. We made teh 3 hour drive to go see them. We picked one little male. BTW...I call the breed German Chocolate. Momma was a purbred Chocolate Lab, Daddy a purebred black German Shepherd.

Congrats!  Duke is absolutely adorable!!!!  Thanks for introducing him to us. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1810 on: June 06, 2021, 02:09:20 am »
Yeah. one of mine spent most his life without his left eye. Lost it in a tussle with a cougar. nothing left of it.

Had to keep it packed and sowed shut till the healing was done, and then opened and the packing removed and anything left was removed at that time... and then the lid sowed shut. Had a hella scar across his face from that ever after... But he lived a good long while just fine after, well adjusted... Lost him a while later, when he was maybe 6 or 8... The forest took him and he never came back.

@roamer_1

A cougar?! OMG. Thank God all he lost was an eye.

So far, so good for my guy. I'll know more when we check his pressure in a couple of weeks. All indications are that he was able to see something in that left eye because he now approaches the front door hesitantly. I have to coax him out or pick him up and set him outside. I hope he gets accustomed to his new vision and can move about without hesitancy before long.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1811 on: June 06, 2021, 02:12:23 am »

Cute little guy, especially that little white goatee. Congrats on your new family member.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1812 on: June 06, 2021, 02:27:51 am »
@roamer_1

A cougar?! OMG. Thank God all he lost was an eye.

*shrugs* He was asking for it, shagging after that cat, and he didn't learn a dang thing... Went after cats his whole life, and it was likely a cat that took him. Can't say that for sure, but I never found hide nor hair...

So far, so good for my guy. I'll know more when we check his pressure in a couple of weeks. All indications are that he was able to see something in that left eye because he now approaches the front door hesitantly. I have to coax him out or pick him up and set him outside. I hope he gets accustomed to his new vision and can move about without hesitancy before long.

Well I would wish for the very best outcome - I am glad he's doing some better. And even if he's some blind in it, it is still better than nothing. And hopefully he will regain full use.

Chewy, my current pup, caught some damage from a (barn) cat when he was young... Deep scratch in his left eye, which healed alright, though you could always see the fine scar of it... Well it's a trouble for him now, in his old age, and that eye is getting cloudy.

I started knowing he was having problems seeing by the way he held his head moving forward at a pace - He would center his right eye in the direction he was going, so he went with his head cocked to the left a touch. You are probably seeing that too - And in that, you can know it is getting better as that cocked head goes away.

best wishes @AllThatJazzZ ... Hope it turns out fine.

:beer: :seeya:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 02:29:52 am by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1813 on: June 06, 2021, 05:49:03 am »
I always dreamed of having a 30 year old Sophia Loren for a pet,but for some odd reason it never happened.

If it were to happen now,it would probably scare me to death.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1814 on: June 06, 2021, 02:05:11 pm »

Interesting. He has the ears of a lab but it looks like the shape of his head and muzzle might be more like a German Shepherd. It'll be interesting to see how his temperament develops and whether he loves water.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1815 on: June 06, 2021, 03:27:17 pm »
Welcome to the world, Duke. You have a good dad.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #1816 on: June 06, 2021, 05:44:18 pm »

D@MN nice looking dog you got. enjoy.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1817 on: June 07, 2021, 12:21:13 am »

That's a dang fine looking Sheprador you have there. I have known several people who had that mix and they were all great dogs, I'm sure Duke will be thrilled with his new parents and home.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #1818 on: June 07, 2021, 01:10:02 am »
Interesting. He has the ears of a lab but it looks like the shape of his head and muzzle might be more like a German Shepherd. It'll be interesting to see how his temperament develops and whether he loves water.

His head, body and fur are black shepherd, and his ears are more a lab shepherd mix, long soft anf floppy with pointd instead of rounded like a lab. . He's lost most of his puppy look and has an appt to get fixed Tuesday. I'll try to post a pic soon. He also likes the water.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 01:10:53 am by Joe Wooten »

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #1819 on: June 07, 2021, 01:11:55 am »
That's a dang fine looking Sheprador you have there. I have known several people who had that mix and they were all great dogs, I'm sure Duke will be thrilled with his new parents and home.

He's a sharp little fella, and completely obsessed with food.......

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1820 on: June 07, 2021, 01:18:47 am »

Teenagers.....  :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #1821 on: June 07, 2021, 01:21:05 am »

Completely obsessed with food ... as most dogs are.  Our dog is obsessed with Nudges treats.  We keep his treats in the laundry room on the shelf and now when he wants a treat he stands in front of the laundry room door and licks his lips.

BTW your puppy Duke is sure a cutie pie and looks absolutely huggable!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1822 on: June 07, 2021, 01:25:01 am »

Nothing like getting a new pup...Congrats.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

« Reply #1823 on: June 10, 2021, 01:51:17 am »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1824 on: June 20, 2021, 06:25:15 pm »

Chewy, my current pup, caught some damage from a (barn) cat when he was young... Deep scratch in his left eye, which healed alright, though you could always see the fine scar of it... Well it's a trouble for him now, in his old age, and that eye is getting cloudy.

I started knowing he was having problems seeing by the way he held his head moving forward at a pace - He would center his right eye in the direction he was going, so he went with his head cocked to the left a touch. You are probably seeing that too - And in that, you can know it is getting better as that cocked head goes away.

best wishes @AllThatJazzZ ... Hope it turns out fine.

:beer: :seeya:

Midnight hasn't changed his gait in any way, but he has been hesitant to exit through the front door (which has a step down) since his CBA procedure. He does fine with the back door, but the patio is level with the house so he only encounters the threshold. He's a little guy, so what seems like a small step-down in the front is proportionally large to him. He was able to negotiate it before the procedure, so that tells me that he was see something out of that blind eye before the ablation. Maybe he just needs to adjust to his new vision.

As to the results of our follow-up visit, the pressure in his eye is now -0- (zero! nada! nuttin'!), so mission accomplished! He's still on drops for pain and inflammation for another month, but he seems to have been part of the 80-85% group for whom the CBA works. Praise the Lord.

BTW, I don't know if it will help Chewy's situation, but my Vet Eye Specialist put Midnight on Ocu-GLO supplement for the eyes. It's OTC and not exactly inexpensive, but if it protects dogs' vision, I'd definitely have given it to all my dogs had I been aware of it. There's been no change in his right eye cataract in the 18 months I've been seeing her. I can't prove the supplement is the reason, but I'm not willing to take chances with his one good eye, so he'll stay on it as will any subsequent dogs I may get.

Hope things go well for Chewy.