Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 358181 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #2400 on: May 23, 2021, 05:22:43 pm »
Yes, Marty Feldman.  He died way too young.

@Cyber Liberty

I agree,but any age is too young to die for someone that brought so much laughter to so many people.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2401 on: May 23, 2021, 08:39:14 pm »
AOC - She's Got Marty Feldman Eyes

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2402 on: May 24, 2021, 12:01:07 am »
@Smokin Joe

I loved the HELL out of that British comedian (Marty Feldman?) with  the goofy eyes that was the Mad Doctor's assistant.

Couldn't even look at him smiling without cracking up.
Feldman was great! His facial expressions are the stuff of legend--Heck they ALL were great, and that's what made the movie. Even more, however, it was the tightest of all Mel Brooks' movies, imho, and had the best ending. It joins the ranks of a very few movies I have seen multiple times and can still enjoy yet again. Not many make it past being seen the fourth or fifth time before I'm surfing for something else to watch, and I have seen Young Frankenstein at least a dozen times.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2403 on: May 24, 2021, 12:02:00 am »
AOC - She's Got Marty Feldman Eyes

Yes, but Feldman was a comic actor, not a national tragedy.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2404 on: May 24, 2021, 12:37:18 am »
My last experience with a red head?  (circa 1978). 

"If you even threaten to break up with me, I'll bite it off"

Made a beleiver out of me.
Hey!

The two most pleasant experiences I can ever say I've had with women were redheads, though one was not a natural redhead.

But then again, I'm already a little touched in the head, so maybe were were kindred spirits.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

BassWrangler

« Reply #2405 on: May 24, 2021, 05:19:35 am »
Feldman was great! His facial expressions are the stuff of legend--Heck they ALL were great, and that's what made the movie. Even more, however, it was the tightest of all Mel Brooks' movies, imho, and had the best ending. It joins the ranks of a very few movies I have seen multiple times and can still enjoy yet again. Not many make it past being seen the fourth or fifth time before I'm surfing for something else to watch, and I have seen Young Frankenstein at least a dozen times.

Great movie. I think it is hyper-thyroidism that causes the eyes.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2406 on: May 24, 2021, 09:59:38 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

BassWrangler

« Reply #2407 on: May 25, 2021, 01:31:10 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc8CUP9bHZA

The Best of Tina S.

She is one of my favorite guitarists on Youtube. Also this guy is really good, although the solos are a bit long winded:

https://youtu.be/vgxEQieRWAI

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2408 on: May 25, 2021, 03:28:57 am »
This guy is pretty good, too.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2409 on: May 28, 2021, 04:12:45 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOsM6jztKZ4

Saw him in concert in Washington, DC  Think it was called Chris Botti & Friends.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

BassWrangler

« Reply #2410 on: May 28, 2021, 05:38:27 pm »
This guy is pretty good, too.

yes, very good.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2411 on: May 31, 2021, 02:31:26 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfMnNqn-hKg

Beautifully remastered rendition...Gentle On My Mind

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2412 on: July 11, 2021, 01:33:07 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2413 on: July 16, 2021, 12:44:30 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxzfNfoJUK4

A tribute to 'Tommy Shelby' of Peaky Blinders by Karliene

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2414 on: July 17, 2021, 10:17:44 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE7DJwNJibc

Aurora covers David Bowie's LIFE ON MARS on Howard Stern Show

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2415 on: July 29, 2021, 12:27:12 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2416 on: August 02, 2021, 09:18:36 pm »

A 10 minute drive along the valley to the Antietam Battlefield, Sharpsburg, Maryland.

Weather made me stop the car and whip out the Nikon.  Yarrowsburg Rd, Knoxville, MD

You guys were right...the Homestead is just across the street on the left.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 12:04:00 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2417 on: August 02, 2021, 09:49:56 pm »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2418 on: August 02, 2021, 10:30:01 pm »

A 10 minute drive along the valley to the Antietam Battlefield, Sharpsburg, Maryland.

Weather made me stop the car and whip out the Nikon.  Yarrowsburg Rd, Knoxville, MD

Now, if my BFF was still alive, that would be my dream house.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2419 on: August 03, 2021, 03:39:45 pm »

Nice shot.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2420 on: August 03, 2021, 04:20:33 pm »
Now, if my BFF was still alive, that would be my dream house.

@Gefn

Uhhhh,it's a cattle and hay barn,not a house.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2421 on: August 03, 2021, 04:30:07 pm »
@Gefn

It's not Moooove-in ready?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2422 on: August 03, 2021, 04:39:02 pm »
It's not Moooove-in ready?

@PeteS in CA

It is if you have knee-high rubber boots and a clothes pin to put on your nose.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2423 on: August 04, 2021, 10:44:03 am »
@Gefn

It’s a house for cows, and I do like cows. But seriously, we wished to move to a farm, or a cabin in the woods. Both away from people.

Thank you @sneakypete ❤️
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2424 on: August 04, 2021, 04:01:59 pm »
It’s a house for cows, and I do like cows. But seriously, we wished to move to a farm, or a cabin in the woods. Both away from people.

Thank you @sneakypete ❤️

@Gefn

Yeah,that I can understand. My house is the only house on an island,and my closest neighbor is over a mile away. Anytime I want to shoot one of my large caliber rifles,all I have to do is walk out into my yard and fire away. There is no one to complain,and if someone did,it wouldn't take but an instant for me to set them straight. Pretty much everybody knows I don't "play well" with people that try to get hostile with me,and since I go out of my way to not bother anyone else,I live a pretty peaceful life.

Nobody can build around me,either. Environmental regulations and wild life restrictions. I am grandfathered,so I am legal and have nothing to worry about.

I even have a state-maintained dirt/gravel  road and a bridge to drive over.