General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

Opening Ceremonies of the 33rd Olympiad

<< < (8/9) > >>

Lipstick on a Hillary:
Yeah it did, that is for sure.  Beckham didn't look too bad, either.  :beer:

Rapunzel:

--- Quote from: Lipstick on a Hillary on July 28, 2012, 07:46:32 pm ---Yeah it did, that is for sure.  Beckham didn't look too bad, either.  :beer:

--- End quote ---

Nope... he is very good looking -- too bad he has all those tattoos, though.

jmyrlefuller:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on July 28, 2012, 02:30:26 pm ---We went out shopping for golf equipment and then dined out,  so when we finally got home and turned on the TV, we tuned to another channel for the local news. After that, though, we did catch the last few minutes of this extravaganza and I thought it was all just too silly. The Who? Paul McCartney singing "Hey Jude"? What the heck does that have to do with an international sporting event? I'm confused. It cost $42 million - where are the complaints about how that could have fed poor people?

--- End quote ---
Our ancestors across the pond, alas, have gotten too continental, I believe. They as a society and a country have become spendthrift, even worse than we are.

For one, we have something they lack: a spirit of independence and liberty. They, having been accustomed to several centuries of monarchy, are much quieter and more orderly when it comes to government spending and intrusion. So the idea of a big government doesn't disturb them as much. The European ideal of a welfare-state society fits right in over there. Government cares for them, protects them, even entertains them, and it doesn't matter how much it costs as long as it's for the betterment of society as a whole. Here in America, government represents us instead. (Or, at least, it's supposed to.) As much as I've spoken positively of the crown over there (and I believe if King George III had been more like the current Elizabeth II, we wouldn't have left the Crown), I still prefer the American ideal better.

Perhaps that is why the US and the UK have seen their special relationship strained in recent decades.

Lipstick on a Hillary:

--- Quote from: Rapunzel on July 28, 2012, 07:49:21 pm ---Nope... he is very good looking -- too bad he has all those tattoos, though.

--- End quote ---

I'm noticing more tats this Olympics than ever.  But speaking of good looking, how about that swimmer Ryan Lochte and his all-American looks??  He's quite a good swimmer and shellacked Phelps today.   He seems like a nice kid, and hard-working too.

Atomic Cow:
Tats are just  :3: IMHO.

I always hate seeing a beautiful woman and then noticing her tattoos, especially the tramp stamps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version