General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

John Wayne & Dean Martin - too good not to share

(1/1)

Rapunzel:
I stumbled on this tonight, had to share....... gosh I miss these men...

John Wayne & Dean Martin

jmyrlefuller:
I always liked John Wayne. I remember reading the story of how his movie studio got him out of World War II and he felt guilty for it ever after. That's why he became the All-American guy; it was his way of paying tribute and showing respect for the people who served their country.

Rapunzel:

--- Quote from: jmyrlefuller on June 23, 2012, 01:42:12 am ---I always liked John Wayne. I remember reading the story of how his movie studio got him out of World War II and he felt guilty for it ever after. That's why he became the All-American guy; it was his way of paying tribute and showing respect for the people who served their country.

--- End quote ---

Interesting man....... I remember reading his daughters book where she talked about how he always told her how  drinking/drugs destroyed so many young lives and he hoped none of his kids ever decided to partake and then she and her friends were caught, by a friends mother, (in the 70's) smoking pot and called all the parents.... she was totally freaked out at being confronted by her father, but in the end instead of yelling at her, he was so disappointed in her that it was even worse than being yelled at....  she said he was so straight-laced that even living on the beach in Newport he wouldn't let them run barefoot in the sand, they had to wear shoes and socks ~LOL~ (I know I would have rebelled over THAT!)....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version