General Category > General Discussion

New Jersey mother arrested after fair-skinned daughter, FIVE, was severely burne

(1/6) > >>

Charlespg:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2138197/New-Jersey-mother-Patricia-Krentcil-arrested-daughter-5-burned-tanning-booth.html

please please  take that the kid away 

Chieftain:
Come on Charles!  Get with the program here!  I'm sure this fine Mother was just toning up her daughter for an appearance on "Toddlers and Tiaras".....

Toggle/PROG/Off........

aligncare:

--- Quote from: Charlespg on May 03, 2012, 12:51:08 pm ---please please  take that the kid away 

--- End quote ---

But then I should have been taken away from my parents in 1961 when we would come home from the beach burnt to a crisp.  We stayed all day with my parents taking no more precautions with us than putting our shirts back on in the heat of the afternoon sun--which we immediately removed once we were out of sight.

But back then it didn't take a village.  Today, society gets to judge our parenting skills.  I'm not sure if that's covered under 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.'  I understand nanny science tells us to fear sun exposure (I know I'm inviting anecdotes about skin cancer, but please spare us all.  That's a different argument).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending this woman, she's too creepy for that.  I'm just making a general lament.  File it under one more blow against family sovereignty.

Chieftain:

--- Quote from: aligncare on May 03, 2012, 01:47:16 pm ---But then I should have been taken away from my parents in 1961 when we would come home from the beach burnt to a crisp.  We stayed all day with my parents taking no more precautions with us than putting our shirts back on in the heat of the afternoon sun--which we immediately removed once we were out of sight.

But back then it didn't take a village.  Today, society gets to judge our parenting skills.  I'm not sure if that's covered under 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.'  I understand nanny science tells us to fear sun exposure (I know I'm inviting anecdotes about skin cancer, but please spare us all.  That's a different argument).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending this woman, she's too creepy for that.  I'm just making a general lament.  File it under one more blow against family sovereignty.

--- End quote ---

Have you seen the video of this woman yet?  Its clear to me from her appearance that she has some kind of fetish going because she is un-naturally tanned, and I mean she makes John Boehner look like a native Norwegian  by comparison....

aligncare:

I admit I didn't look into the video.  Perhaps she may need counseling or legal intervention, I don't know.  Is there a husband or child's father around?  Maybe he should get her help.

My original point is still good though.  There is a higher degree of nanny state and community involvement in our lives today compared to the past.  Look at homeowners associations that have sprung up.  Can you imagine having to toe the line with busy bodies telling you how your house should look?  Talk about a "village".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version