General Category > General Discussion

7th Annual TexasCowboy Memorial Shoot

(1/3) > >>

TheMom:
A little background for those that do not know about the TexasCowboy Annual Memorial Shoot.  TexasCowboy, aka El Roy, was a FReeper that passed away in October of 2005.  El Roy was a Christian, a Texan, an American, a Marine, a father, a great friend and a true Texas gentleman ~ and for the ladies, he gave the best ever hugs!

One of El Roy’s favorite past times was to get together with family, friends and FReepers at various shooting ranges around Texas.  After all the shooting was done, he would pull his BBQ pit out of the bed of his truck and cook a wonderful meal for everyone.

El Roy’s passing left a big hole in the hearts of those who knew him.  A few weeks after his passing my husband & I were talking about him, and all the good times we had together.  It was then we came up with the idea of honoring him by holding an annual shoot in his honor.  The rest, as they say, is history . . .  this October we will have our 7th Annual Shoot.

I would like to invite all of you to join us this year, and all subsequent years.  It is a chance to have a good time shooting guns (owning a gun is not a requirement, and those bringing their guns don’t mind sharing), eating great food and visiting with really wonderful people.

This year’s shoot will be held in Aransas Pass, which is 30ish miles north east of Corpus Christi.  The majority of the attendees will be staying at The Pelican Bay Resort in Rockport.

Here is the link to the FR planning thread  http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2875090/posts that has all the information.

To the powers that be – if I place this in the wrong section, please move it to the proper place.

Rapunzel:
Thank you for sharing this ......

TheMom:

--- Quote from: Rapunzel on April 28, 2012, 12:43:26 am ---Thank you for sharing this ......

--- End quote ---
In my short two days of being a member here, I have learned there are a lot of Texas folk on this board.  I would hate for them to miss out on fun times.  Also, it doesn't hurt to give a heads up for the non-Texan members.

Rapunzel:
Well, I was born there and grew up spending every summer there..... there is no place in the country like Texas IMHO.....

ABX:

--- Quote from: TheMom on April 28, 2012, 01:34:58 am ---In my short two days of being a member here, I have learned there are a lot of Texas folk on this board.  I would hate for them to miss out on fun times.  Also, it doesn't hurt to give a heads up for the non-Texan members.

--- End quote ---

The Texas crew is a tight crew. Driving from Texarkana to El Paso is half-way to California, yet that group seems tighter than freepers from any other State. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version