Author Topic: Axelrod Speaks the Truth by Accident: Obama Boulevard is a Dead End  (Read 822 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Axelrod Speaks the Truth by Accident: Obama Boulevard is a Dead End
April 16, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: David Axelrod was on Fox News Sunday and here's what he said. Everybody says, "Oh, he just misspoke!" No. Well, yeah, he misspoke. But what was actually given away by this comment, I think, is quite illustrative of something. Chris Wallace said, "In one paragraph, two or three sentences, what's the choice in this election?"

AXELROD: The choice in this election is between an economy that produces a -- a growing middle class and that gives people a chance to get ahead and their kids a chance to get ahead. Uh, and an economy that continues down the road, uh, we're on where fewer and fewer number of people do very well and everybody else is running faster and faster just to keep pace.

RUSH: Now, "the road we're on" is Obama Boulevard. The road that we are on "where fewer and fewer do very well, everybody else running faster and faster just keep up," is Obama Boulevard. That's the road. It may not be a boulevard. It's probably a county road or some such thing. Axelrod said this because their mind-set is that this is 2008. "There is no incumbent president right now. We're running against George W. Bush. We're gonna pretend that the last three-and-a-half years didn't happen. We're not in office. There is no Barack Obama who's incumbent." I don't believe (and nobody else does, either, by the way) that he really meant to characterize the Obama economy the way he did.

But he did describe it accurately. He didn't mean to. That's the point of this. He really screwed this up. Now, the White House is claiming Axelrod's statement was an accident, and they're actually correct. It's always an "accident" when a Democrat speaks the truth. It's never intended! Now, we're on a toll road, by the way. Obama Boulevard's a toll road and that's the road that we're all on, and he spoke the truth, and that's the "accident." It's always an accident when a Democrat speaks the truth. They're stuck in this 2008 mind-set. They're stuck with, "It's all Bush's economy" and they haven't done anything yet. It all boils down -- it all goes back, folks -- to Obama's personal belief that this country was founded in an immoral, unjust way (including economically).

That the Founding Fathers were the equivalent of today's 1%, they set everything up to benefit them and their families and their friends and people like them. And forever sentenced the 99% to essentially -- well, slavery and poverty and discrimination, racism, sexism, bigotry, homophobia -- all of that rotgut stuff that they, in a cliched way, assign to their political enemies. But here Axelrod comes and he just happens to tell the God-awful truth about his guy. "The choice in this election between an economy that produces a growing middle class, gives people a chance to get ahead and their kids..." There's nothing in the Obama economy that's doing that or that will do that. There's nothing in the Obama economy that can do that, because Obama is shrinking the private sector where all of that happens.

The private sector is where the middle class grows. The middle class is not in the government sector. It can't possibly grow there! The private sector is where "people have a chance to get ahead and where their kids have a chance to get ahead" and Obama is shrinking it. There are two million-plus fewer jobs now than when Obama took office. The government has grown from 18% of GDP to 21% or 23%, on its way to 25% of our total economy. That's where the Obama economy is headed. The government is getting bigger and bigger. And if health care is fully implemented, then those numbers change. When the Democrats start talking about "choice," you can be sure that they're lying, because "choice" is not what they want you to have.

"Pro-choice" doesn't even mean pro-choice. Try telling them this as I did once as an experiment ("sper'mint," for those of you in Rio Linda).

I said, "I'm pro-choice. I choose life."

"You can't say that!"

"Why not? I choose life. I'm pro-choice: I choose life."

"You can't do that!"

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, because that's not what it means!"

"Oh. What does 'choice' mean?"

"Well everybody knows 'choice' means that we stand in opposition to the oppression of Republican Nazis."

"Oh. So 'choice' doesn't really mean I have a choice?"

"No! Pro-choice... You can't say you're 'pro-choice' and then be 'pro-life.'"

I can't tell you the number of liberals that called me and tried to tell me, "You can't say that, 'cause that's not what 'pro-choice' means." Little did they know how they were tripping themselves up. I think it's quite fascinating that Axelrod utters the truth, which the Democrats only do when they make a mistake, and gives away the mind-set. It's 2008 again. They're not gonna run on their record. They can't. Not one aspect of it.

END TRANSCRIPT
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald