Author Topic: Climate Murder: Former Federal Prosecutor calls for climate ‘2nd-degree murder prosecutions’ against  (Read 433 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Murder: Former Federal Prosecutor calls for climate ‘2nd-degree murder prosecutions’ against ‘Big Oil’ for heat wave deaths in Arizona

June 26, 2024: Public Citizen: New Memo Details Legal Case for Prosecuting Big Oil for Extreme Heat Deaths - Public Citizen press release Excerpt: ... The prosecution memo … analyzes whether prosecutors in Arizona could pursue reckless manslaughter or second-degree murder prosecutions for deaths caused by the July 2023 wave, an extreme weather event that killed 403 residents of Maricopa County and that climate scientists concluded would have been “virtually impossible” but for human-caused climate change.

“The case for prosecuting fossil fuel companies for climate-related deaths is strong enough for state and local prosecutors to begin initiating criminal investigations,” legal experts conclude.  Prosecutors charging major fossil fuel companies for extreme heat deaths could have a strong case, according to a new report published today by Public Citizen and former federal prosecutor Cindy Cho. ...

Climate activist and author Bill McKibben said, “What’s happened to the climate is a crime: after fair warning from scientists about what would happen, Big Oil went right ahead pouring carbon into the atmosphere, and now there’s a huge pile of dead bodies (and a larger one of dead dreams). The only question left is whether our legal system will recognize these crimes—and this report shows there’s a good chance the answer could be yes.”

Update: Climate activists lead a ‘funeral procession’ at Citibank for causing ‘climate death’ – Mourn of all of those ‘killed’ due to the ‘climate crisis’

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/07/08/climate-murder-former-federal-prosecutor-calls-for-climate-second-degree-murder-prosecutions-against-big-oil-for-heat-wave-deaths-in-arizona/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

We really need more mental hospitals.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We really need more mental hospitals.

Fewer liberals would be cheaper! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fewer liberals would be cheaper! :whistle:
Round them up before they breed up in the draws...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis