Author Topic: Tide beginning to turn in Biden’s favor — for now  (Read 669 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tide beginning to turn in Biden’s favor — for now
« on: July 09, 2024, 11:04:38 pm »
 Tide beginning to turn in Biden’s favor — for now
by Mike Lillis, Mychael Schnell and Amie Parnes - 07/09/24 6:53 PM ET

Democrats on Capitol Hill are coalescing — comfortably or not — behind the idea of keeping President Biden as their 2024 nominee despite a disastrous debate performance last month that prompted calls for him to bow out.

At a private meeting of the House Democratic Caucus on Tuesday, an overwhelming majority of lawmakers voiced their support for the president, with some hailing his leadership chops and others simply acknowledging the reality that primary voters have already made him the inevitable nominee.

Across the Capitol, Senate Democrats aired their own concerns about Biden’s chances against former President Trump during a closed-door lunch, but none called for him to be replaced as the nominee.

And at least one Democratic lawmaker who had previously opposed Biden’s candidacy, Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.), reversed course Tuesday.

The combination suggests that, almost two weeks after Biden’s shaky debate performance, the tide is beginning to turn for the president, who has been fiercely defiant in rejecting any hint that he quit the contest over doubts about his age, health and ability to defeat Trump in November.

“It’s certainly a better day than some of the ones he’s had before,” said Rep. Glenn Ivey (D-Md.). “It’s moving in the right direction.”

“I feel we’ve hit a turning point,” echoed Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.). “It’s been 10, 11 days or so since the debate and it’s time to move on. And I think that’s where many more members are today than they were last week.”

Biden has also locked down support from key veteran lawmakers and large constituencies in the chamber. Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), the former Democratic majority leader, said he is “absolutely” still backing the president. Scores of members from the Congressional Black Caucus and Congressional Hispanic Caucus said they are standing with Biden through November. And Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.), who has left the door open to a Vice President Harris run, told reporters that Biden has vast support in the caucus.

“We’re ridin’ with Biden,” Clyburn said after the House meeting.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4762954-biden-democrats-tide-turning/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

• Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 JAN
Re: Tide beginning to turn in Biden’s favor — for now
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 11:15:43 pm »
The sun rises; the sun sets.
The tide comes in; the tide goes out.
The moon waxes; the moon wanes.

There will be much electoral turbulence between now and Inauguration Day, 2025.

I'm going to wait until Election day to vote in Person.  Mail-in voting and early voting are too risky with Presidential candidates upon the precipice of flatlining.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 11:35:27 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time... I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

My avatar is Trump not as a clown, but as "The Joker", the ultimate villian of chaos and mayhem in the DC Comics Universe.

Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 JAN
https://www.arkansasonline.com/1212powerpoint/

Offline collins

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 11:35:49 pm »
yeah, it kind of looks that way, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. They always claim there's in it for the long haul and then drop out the next.

I don't think this is in Jill's, the DNC's or the MSM's hands - if some of their mega donors want him gone, he's gone.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 12:41:41 pm »
Get ready for the comeback kid.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024, 02:18:14 pm »
A lawyer (private citizen) has filed suit against Biden and others asking a federal court to order a mental and physical examination of President Poopypants.
Dustin Kittle
@dustinkittle
BREAKING: We placed the U.S. Attorney’s Office on verbal notice earlier today that we intend to file a Rule 35 Motion asking the Court to order a mental and physical examination of President Biden.

We received a follow-up from their office a few minutes ago threatening to seek sanctions if a Rule 35 Motion was filed.

Not once in my legal career have I been sanctioned or disciplined.

However, over the past three years, these government hired-gun lawyers have turned over my social media postings to the Bar Association; have repeatedly threatened to have me sanctioned; and a U.S. Attorney has now said they will ask a federal judge to sanction me if I dare to call President Biden’s cognitive function into question for purposes of this legal action. 

The man has had 1,266 days to appoint two people; and he still can’t do it.  So you tell me, is it corruption or is it possible something has slipped his mind? 

And to be honest, since the government allowed us to be extorted out of our home, I’m fresh out of sympathy for incompetence or corruption.  It matters not for my purposes, other than in who I need to be suing. 

Are we correct in asking a federal judge to require President Biden to make these appointments?  Or, if he cannot make the appointments, for whatever reason, do I need to amend our Complaint to seek the relief of having him removed from office so there is someone else in place who can make the appointments?

Either way, they can start drafting their motion for sanctions.  We will be issuing a Press Release at 9 am ct tomorrow.
6:44 PM · Jul 9, 2024

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2024, 02:43:10 pm »
Presidential candidates favored by the partisan MSM can get away with self-isolating in a "basement". Presidents can't avoid public and semi-public participation in ordinary President business. LIEden cannot stay invisible between now and November, and the "Debate" is on his schedule, as is the Dem Convention. The "tide" of Dem opinion will ebb and flow, but voters' opinion ... .

As an aside, notice how no-filter Trump is just going about normal campaign business and letting the Biden-Dem chaos play out on front pages and the top of the 6 O'Clock News?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 02:46:23 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2024, 03:33:19 pm »
A lawyer (private citizen) has filed suit against Biden and others asking a federal court to order a mental and physical examination of President Poopypants.

He absolutely should be sanctioned if he goes ahead with that motion.  Legally, it's so far outside any argument for what the law permits that it is inexcusable. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 03:40:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2024, 05:14:51 pm »
I think a huge event is George Clooney coming out and declaring Biden has to go.  He carries a lot of weight with Hollywood.

Funding is going to dry up for Biden and those that support him.  I not only want him gone for the election, I want him gone yesterday.  If ever we had a threat to national security, it is Wrecking Ball Joe.  No telling what could happen with this fool at the helm.  He must be removed immediately.

I readily see another Pearl Harbor event brewing with this POS at the helm.  And it is up to the stinking Democommies to get off the pot and do their job.  This would be something smart for Sen Manchin to force through.  He wants to remain relevant, get off the dime and push this fool to the curb.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2024, 05:30:02 pm »
IMO, the Dems are, currently, in a ditch of their own digging:

* If they try to go with LIEden, well, the wheels of LIEden's brain are coming off;

* If Dems bail and go with Kammie, they're stuck with a stupid, clue-free, lazy AffAct pick by LIEden;

* If Dems bail and do not go with Kammie, blacktivists will be POed. and then, who? Cankles? Chuckles? Pelosiroo? Schifftyroo? Noisome? Whitler? Is there a leading Dem who has name recognition and is not horrifically unlikeable?

Maybe I'm too partisan to see it, but I do not see a way for Dems to escape the ditch they've dug.

One question to which I hope Rs have given some thought, if Trump wins in November, will the Dems try to steal the Presidency by doing things they falsely claim Trump and Trump supporters did?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2024, 05:42:40 pm »
IMO, the Dems are, currently, in a ditch of their own digging:

* If they try to go with LIEden, well, the wheels of LIEden's brain are coming off;

* If Dems bail and go with Kammie, they're stuck with a stupid, clue-free, lazy AffAct pick by LIEden;

* If Dems bail and do not go with Kammie, blacktivists will be POed. and then, who? Cankles? Chuckles? Pelosiroo? Schifftyroo? Noisome? Whitler? Is there a leading Dem who has name recognition and is not horrifically unlikeable?

Maybe I'm too partisan to see it, but I do not see a way for Dems to escape the ditch they've dug.

One question to which I hope Rs have given some thought, if Trump wins in November, will the Dems try to steal the Presidency by doing things they falsely claim Trump and Trump supporters did?

Oh, the Dems will pull a few things between the Election and 1/20/2025.  The next 1/6 will have guns and firebombs from ANTIFA.  The FBI will not have to plant instigators this time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: