Author Topic: Arizona park rangers use extreme heat to bake up some banana bread  (Read 4301 times)

Offline libertybele

• Cat Mod
  • WE are NOT ok!
Arizona park rangers use extreme heat to bake up some banana bread

Park rangers in Tucson, Arizona, decided to use sweltering temperatures to their sweet advantage.

The rangers, who work at Saguaro National Park in Tucson, Arizona, used their hot car to bake banana bread and apparently it wasn't the first time they put on their chef's hats.

"When in direct sunlight here in southern Arizona, with outside temperatures around 100°f, the dashboard of a car can reach upwards of 200°f in only an hour! In the past we've taken this opportunity to bake cookies, bell peppers, and now banana bread, at work dude," the rangers shared in a Facebook post on June 28.

The post included photos showing the progress of the bread baking in the sun through the dashboard of the vehicle.

The banana bread, sitting in a tin pan, is displayed with text showing the outside temperature and what the temperature was inside the car.

At one point, the dashboard temperature reached a whopping 211 degrees while the outside temperature was 105 degrees.

"We finally took it out around 3pm; admittedly, it was still a bit squishy on the inside. So far, we think cookies make for the most ideal option for cooking in the car," the post continued...............

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/arizona-park-rangers-use-extreme-heat-bake-some-banana-bread
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Arizona park rangers use extreme heat to bake up some banana bread
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 08:46:52 pm »
@Cyber Liberty How about that? Y'all can bake cookies while you go shopping.

Two hundred eleven degrees is just one degree short of water's boiling point. I think you would be prudent to stand back when you open your car doors (and wear gloves).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 09:20:39 pm »
@Cyber Liberty How about that? Y'all can bake cookies while you go shopping.

Two hundred eleven degrees is just one degree short of water's boiling point. I think you would be prudent to stand back when you open your car doors (and wear gloves).

In Oatman they do an egg frying contest on the sidewalk every 4th of July.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 03:12:49 am »
What sweltering heat ?

Phoenix is actually much cooler than last summer.

Remember when we did something like 30 110 degree days in a row. 

We drop to 105 and hold next week. 

That is almost cool for this time of year.

We are NOT getting the regular amount of rain we typically get during the monsoons.  But it may be early.

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2024, 08:35:36 pm »
Here in the Phoenix metro area, it has to go over 110 degrees to have an "excessive heat warning". Temperatures near that are "normal".

If the steering wheel is exposed to the sun for a while it can be too hot to handle without getting burnt...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2024, 08:46:02 pm »
Here in the Phoenix metro area, it has to go over 110 degrees to have an "excessive heat warning". Temperatures near that are "normal".

If the steering wheel is exposed to the sun for a while it can be too hot to handle without getting burnt...

That's why I always use a sunscreen to protect the Dash and my hands...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2024, 08:47:55 pm »

I'm lucky that my car spends most of its time in the garage since I mostly work from home...

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2024, 09:11:41 pm »
Phoenix has always been hot in the summer.

I recall a friend of my mom's who worked as an ER nurse that every summer they'd get burns in the ER.  Tourists would leave a car in the Fiesta or Los Arcos mall parking lot in the afternoon.  They'd go to the car (wearing shorts) and sit on the metalic seat belt buckle and blister their skin. 

You also learned to use your key ring to start your car.  The tabs on he stearing wheel starters would get so hot you'd lose skin on you
thumb.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 09:13:05 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline libertybele

• Cat Mod
  • WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2024, 09:24:54 pm »
I use a dash cover, and a reflective windshield cover. They aren't perfect but it helps, especially for those that have an autostart (mine doesn't have that feature) and can turn the air on in the car ahead of time.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• Cat Mod
  • WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2024, 09:27:26 pm »
I'm lucky that my car spends most of its time in the garage since I mostly work from home...

Must be nice.  Our garage is occupied by two motorcycles, a workbench and all kinds of other gadgets!  Oh, I did get a small portion of the garage for gardening tools and a small chest freezer.   :shrug:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2024, 10:56:30 pm »
It's tough for a couple of months.

The offset is no salt rust or mufflers being knocked off when driving over ice.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2024, 11:53:13 pm »
It's tough for a couple of months.

The offset is no salt rust or mufflers being knocked off when driving over ice.

Very true, and why I left Michigan in 1980, to come here.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2024, 03:53:35 am »
Very true, and why I left Michigan in 1980, to come here.

Yes, Arizona is growing for a reason.  And it's not rattlesnakes.