Author Topic: Teen shot by Sonia Sotomayor's bodyguards during attempted carjacking in DC  (Read 901 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Teen shot by Sonia Sotomayor's bodyguards during attempted carjacking in DC

Flowers was struck in the mouth, and received first aid treatment from Black before being transported to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Jarryd Jaeger
Vancouver, BC
Jul 9, 2024 2 minute read
A teenager was shot by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor's bodyguards during an attempted carjacking in Washington, DC last week. Deputy US Marshal Black, to whom the unmarked government vehicle belonged, opened fire on the suspect, 18-year-old Kentrell Flowers, after he rolled up to the justice's home, got out, and brandished a firearm while demanding that the vehicle be turned over to him.

After receiving treatment for his wounds at a nearby hospital, Flowers was arrested. He was subsequently charged with armed carjacking, carrying a pistol without a license, and possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

According to a statement of facts obtained by the Daily Mail, the incident took place shortly after 1:15 eeam on Friday July 5. At that time, Flowers drove up to Sotomayor's residence on the 2100 block of 11th Street in a silver minivan before proceeding to jump out and walk over to Black, who was sitting in his vehicle. Flowers pulled out a Smith & Wesson 40VE handgun and pointed it directly at Black, at which point the Marshal drew his government-issued firearm and fired four shots.

more
https://thepostmillennial.com/teen-shot-by-sonia-sotomayors-bodyguards-during-attempted-carjacking-in-dc?utm_campaign=64470
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Your daily reminder that the wise Latina doesn't believe you have a constitutional right to own a firearm. But it's okay for her armed guards to mow down innocent, angelic black youth in the street!!  :pondering:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 07:42:37 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm sure the 'teen's budding music career was on the verge of hitting the big time.

Not 'Suspect shot in carjacking attempt', but 'teen', so you have to read it to find out the 'teen' just happened to be the gun wielding perp, and wasn't some kid picked off by accident.

The media just can't help themselves.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

I'm sure the 'teen's budding music career was on the verge of hitting the big time.

Not 'Suspect shot in carjacking attempt', but 'teen', so you have to read it to find out the 'teen' just happened to be the gun wielding perp, and wasn't some kid picked off by accident.

The media just can't help themselves.

That as well as the media routinely reference criminals as "teens". Although grammatically  a "teen" 18 and 19 year olds are legally adults. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Offline Kamaji

Your daily reminder that the wise Latina doesn't believe you have a constitutional right to own a firearm. But it's okay for her armed guards to mow down innocent, angelic black youth in the street!!  :pondering:

:thumbsup:

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

New York Post
Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor’s bodyguard shoots would-be carjacker outside her home

Two deputy US Marshals shot a would-be carjacker who pulled a gun on him while they were guarding Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor’s home in Washington, DC, authorities said.

The marshals were parked outside Sotomayor’s home in northwest DC on July 5 when Kentrell Flowers, 18, allegedly walked up to one of their cars around 1:15 a.m. and pointed a gun one of the federal agents, the US Marshals Service told The Post.

One of the federal agents drew his weapon and fired several shots at the suspect, with the second officer also firing his weapon at Flowers.

Flowers, of Southeast DC, was arrested and treated at a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.

The Obama-appointed justice was not home at the time of the carjacking, according to a source.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/supreme-court-justice-sotomayor-s-bodyguard-shoots-would-be-carjacker-outside-her-home/ar-BB1pGBUm?ocid=BingNewsSerp
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess having a gun for protection is no problem if someone else is holding it and you're a big enough name in the District of Corruption. :2gunz:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Sotomayor is speh shul, elite, not an ordinary citizen.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Teen"?

Isn't that headline special.
You don’t become cooler with age but you do care progressively less about being cool, which is the only true way to actually be cool.

Offline rustynail

He just wanted advise from the Wise Latina about becoming a TV Court Juvenile Judge.