Author Topic: Biden’s DHS Offers ‘Temporary’ Amnesty to 4,000 Yemeni Nationals to Stay in U.S.  (Read 504 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s DHS Offers ‘Temporary’ Amnesty to 4,000 Yemeni Nationals to Stay in U.S.

by JOHN BINDER 8 Jul 2024

President Joe Biden’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has extended and redesignated a so-called “temporary” amnesty to 4,000 Yemeni nationals living in the United States, ensuring they are not deported and can hold American jobs.

On Monday, DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas announced the extension and redesignation of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for thousands of Yemeni nationals in the United States who would otherwise be eligible for deportation.

Yemen nationals with TPS will be able to remain in the United States and hold American jobs through March 2026 as long as they claim that they were in the country as of early July of this year.

“The steps the Department of Homeland Security has taken today will allow certain Yemenis currently residing in the United States to remain and work here until conditions in their home country improve,” Mayorkas said in a statement.

In addition, Mayorkas announced so-called “Special Student Relief” for Yemeni nationals who are in the United States on F-1 student visas, which will allow them to “request employment authorization, work an increased number of hours while school is in session, and reduce their course load while continuing to maintain F-1 status through the TPS designation period.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nals-stay-u-s/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Egads.

Can't help but wonder how many of these are Houthis...?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

• Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 JAN
Temporary ... like our inflation
"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time... I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

My avatar is Trump not as a clown, but as "The Joker", the ultimate villian of chaos and mayhem in the DC Comics Universe.

Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 JAN
https://www.arkansasonline.com/1212powerpoint/