Author Topic: House Dems launch united effort against election bill requiring voters prove citizenship  (Read 715 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 House Dems launch united effort against election bill requiring voters prove citizenship
By Emma Colton , Fox News   
Published July 7, 2024, 5:51 p.m. ET

House Democrats launched a united effort to vote against a Republican-backed election bill that would require voters provide proof of citizenship to cast ballots in federal elections.

Republicans are pushing the passage of the Safeguard American Voter Eligibility Act, otherwise known as the SAVE Act, which would amend the National Voter Registration Act, and require states to obtain proof of citizenship from voters for federal elections, as well as purge noncitizens from voter rolls.

Democratic leadership is urging its House members to vote against the bill in the lead-up to the vote, saying it would place “an extreme burden [on] countless Americans” in order to vote.

“As we’ve seen a number of times this Congress, House Republicans continue to irresponsibly call into question the credibility of our elections. Despite numerous recounts, challenges in court, and deep-dives by conservative think-tanks, there has been zero evidence of the widespread fraud that this bill purports to target. It is already illegal under current law for noncitizens to register to vote or to vote in federal elections,” the office of House Minority Whip Katherine Clark, D-Mass., wrote in a “whip question,” Axios first reported. The whip vote rounds up this coming weeks’ votes and outlines guidance regarding how Democratic House members should vote.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/07/07/us-news/house-dems-launch-united-effort-against-election-bill-requiring-voters-prove-citizenship/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

• Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 JAN
 ////00000////

Woah!  Woah!  Woah!  We need to crawl before we walk ... let's start with requiring voters to prove they are live humans ... Dems have the pet cemetery vote locked up ... Biden leads among deceased hamsters and goldfish
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 07:13:57 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time... I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

My avatar is Trump not as a clown, but as "The Joker", the ultimate villian of chaos and mayhem in the DC Comics Universe.

Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 JAN
https://www.arkansasonline.com/1212powerpoint/

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Joe Biden Vows to Block Bill Requiring Proof of U.S. Citizenship to Vote, Calls Noncitizens Voting ‘Extraordinarily Rare’

by JOHN BINDER 9 Jul 2024

President Joe Biden is seemingly vowing to block legislation, known as the Safeguard American Voter Eligibility (SAVE) Act, that would require proof of American citizenship before an applicant is registered to vote in federal elections.

The SAVE Act, introduced by Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) and co-sponsored by more than 100 House Republicans, would require state election officials to mandate voter registration applicants provide proof of American citizenship before they are added to the nation’s voter rolls.

“Federal law has been interpreted to prohibit states from checking to see if you’re a citizen even though, technically, the law says you must be a citizen,” Roy told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview.

This week, the Biden administration released a statement on the SAVE Act, effectively vowing to block it from becoming law should it make its way to the president’s desk.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-elect...dinarily-rare/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Calls Noncitizens Voting ‘Extraordinarily Rare’

This proves his mind isn't worth a damn. :thumbsdown:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Attorney General Ken Paxton
@KenPaxtonTX
The White House has formally announced that Biden will veto the Republican bill that seeks to prevent noncitizens from voting.

There is no hiding it now. Biden and the Democrats want illegal immigrants to vote in the election this November. Our elections are NOT safe from mass interference as long as states do not require proof of citizenship to vote in federal elections.
7:47 PM · Jul 8, 2024

Offline LMAO

From the article….

Joe Biden Vows to Block Bill Requiring Proof of U.S. Citizenship to Vote, Calls Noncitizens Voting ‘Extraordinarily Rare’

So then  what’s the harm in signing it?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
From the article….

So then  what’s the harm in signing it?

:bingo:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They'll just ignore it like they have ignoring the laws on the books now. They need to imprison the people violating those laws now.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Rats don't care about democracy.  If they did, they would support this bill.
You don’t become cooler with age but you do care progressively less about being cool, which is the only true way to actually be cool.