Author Topic: Biden’s Gaza Pier Experiences Another Major Setback  (Read 82 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s Gaza Pier Experiences Another Major Setback
« on: June 11, 2024, 02:13:24 pm »

Biden’s Gaza Pier Experiences Another Major Setback
 Jake Smith- DCNF June 10, 2024

The United Nations (UN) World Food Program (WFP) said Sunday it was suspending aid deliveries from the Biden administration’s floating pier in Gaza.

The WFP cited safety concerns on the ground in Gaza as the reason it was halting deliveries from the pier, the Associated Press reported. The pier had only been operational for roughly two days before the WFP announced its decision, after weather damage broke it apart and temporarily took it out of commission.

“Right now we’re paused,”  Cindy McCain, director of the WFP, told CBS on Sunday, according to the AP. “I’m concerned about the safety of our people after the incident yesterday. We also, two of our warehouses, the warehouse complex were rocketed yesterday.”

https://www.tampafp.com/bidens-gaza-pier-experiences-another-major-setback/#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden’s Gaza Pier Experiences Another Major Setback
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 02:17:12 pm »
What a public relations disaster ... the UN can't even take a long walk over a  short US-built pier.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright