Author Topic: Atop U.S. naval commander outlined a “hellscape” American response if China decides to invade Taiwan  (Read 525 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Top US Commander Outlines ‘Hellscape’ Response If China Invades Taiwan
Story by Jake Smith- DCNF • 21h •

Atop U.S. naval commander outlined a “hellscape” American response if China decides to invade Taiwan in an interview with The Washington Post published Monday.

The U.S. maintains a position of “strategic ambiguity” when it comes to Taiwan, not committing to whether it would militarily defend the island in the event of a Chinese incursion. But Navy Adm. Samuel Paparo, the new chief of the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (INDOPACOM), told the Post in an interview that there is a plan to deter China by ensuring that Beijing understands the “utterly miserable” consequences it could suffer if it does launch an incursion.

“[China wants] to offer the world a short, sharp war so that it is a fait accompli before the world can get their act together,” Paparo told the Post. “My job is to ensure that between now and 2027 and beyond, the U.S. military and the allies are capable of prevailing.”

China views Taiwan as a rogue territory that needs to be reunited with the mainland and condemns other countries that view the island as independent. Chinese President Xi Jinping has ordered the country’s military to be ready to invade Taiwan by 2027.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/top-us-commander-outlines-hellscape-response-if-china-invades-taiwan/ar-BB1nXHHQ?ocid=BingNewsSerp
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In the meantime, how does the US compensate for the micro-processor supply chain interruption?

China has the advantage of numbers and proximity.

More likely, Chinese Communist party will infiltrate Taiwanese Government and initiate "reunification" with China.

Chinese military is better used to assert economic claims in the South China Sea.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The problem is that our military is once again going down the show-of-force route toward some mega confrontation that may not happen.

China will try to take Taiwan in a bloodless coup and leverage the fact that Taiwan seems to care more about the chip infrastructure than freedom to basically cow them into submission.
The Republic is lost.

Offline MeganC

• Putin, the low rent Hitler
I've never understood why Taiwan doesn't just declare independence. Get on with it already!
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Offline PeteS in CA

Does anyone believe LIEden would actually defend Taiwan? Strongly defend it? Quickly?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Does anyone believe LIEden would actually defend Taiwan? Strongly defend it? Quickly?
His position would likely be one we have heard before....as long as it's just a small incursion, you know like Russia in Ukraine :whistle:

Offline MeganC

• Putin, the low rent Hitler

Japan has stated that regardless of what the US does Japan will step in to defend Taiwan. This forces the US to get involved to prevent a direct war between China and Japan. South Korea would get drawn into this as well. Maybe even the Philippines and Vietnam.

No one in that area particularly likes China these days.
There is nothing feminine about feminism.