Author Topic: South Korean forces fire warning shots after North’s troops cross DMZ  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
South Korean forces fire warning shots after North’s troops cross DMZ
By DAVID CHOI STARS AND STRIPES •
June 11, 2024

CAMP HUMPHREYS, South Korea — Around 20 North Korean troops briefly crossed into the southern portion of the Demilitarized Zone over the weekend, prompting South Korean forces to warn the intruders by firing shots and using loudspeakers, the South’s military announced Tuesday. The North Korean troops who crossed the Military Demarcation Line at 12:30 p.m. Sunday “immediately” went back to their side of the border after the warnings, the Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a text message to reporters.

The border is covered with overgrown trees and other vegetation, making signs denoting the boundary difficult to see, South Korean army Col. Lee Sung-jun said during a news conference Tuesday. Some of the North Koreans were carrying “work tools,” he said, but declined to elaborate.

No unusual activity from North Korea was detected immediately after the incident, Lee added. The DMZ’s boundaries and the Military Demarcation Line — the actual border between the two Koreas — were established during armistice agreement negotiations to pause the 1950-53 Korean War.

Read more at: https://www.stripes.com/theaters/asia_pacific/2024-06-10/north-korea-troops-cross-dmz-14143982.html
Source - Stars and Stripes
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Since when did we start making excuses for Kim Dung Un's military? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

North Koreans tunneling under DMZ?  Tunnels work well for Hamas and Mexican drug cartels.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright