Author Topic: Denver immigrants have cost city up to $340 million, according to estimates  (Read 227 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Denver immigrants have cost city up to $340 million, according to estimates

By Barnini Chakraborty
June 10, 2024 5:00 am

Denver has spent up to $340 million to clothe, educate, feed, and provide healthcare for thousands of illegal immigrants who have made their way to Colorado’s capital city in the past two years, according to new estimates from the Common Sense Institute.

The “sanctuary city” has cared for more than 42,195 migrants, according to the city’s dashboard, which updates its totals daily.

Motorists move northbound along South Broadway as the skyline of Denver stands as a backdrop on Feb. 12, 2024, in Englewood, Colorado. Denver has been disrupted by an influx of largely Venezuelan migrants who head north from Mexico, becoming a flashpoint in elections locally and nationally. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)

There are presently 446 newcomers seeking shelter in hotels. While the number of illegal immigrants crossing into the state has significantly dropped off since its January highs, the city, which boasts a population of 710,000, is struggling to accommodate the new arrivals.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...ion-estimates/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Is this not what you voted for?
The Republic is lost.