Author Topic: 1M illegal immigrants could be given 'amnesty' as Biden faces pressure from left wing  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 1M illegal immigrants could be given 'amnesty' as Biden faces pressure from left wing
Story by Adam Shaw • 17h •

Migrants at southern border undeterred by Biden's executive action

President Biden has hinted that more liberal moves on immigration could be coming in the weeks ahead, and reports suggest that, in response to left-wing pressure on the issue, he is considering a deportation shield for hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants already in the U.S.
 er The McAfee+ Plans
Ad
Last week, Biden announced an executive order to limit the ability of illegal immigrants to claim asylum at the southern border. While it was brushed off by Republicans as insufficient and has yet to have an impact on border numbers, it sparked liberal anger, drawing condemnation from some Democratic lawmakers and an immediate lawsuit threat from civil rights groups.

Announcing the executive order, Biden appeared to anticipate the criticism from the left and teased moves to make the immigration system "more just."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/1m-illegal-immigrants-could-be-given-amnesty-as-biden-faces-pressure-from-left-wing/ar-BB1nXHUZ?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=2e228e8ff8c84e81b0097ffcd5bf73e3&ei=89
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson