Author Topic: How is Biden’s new border order impacting migrants?  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How is Biden’s new border order impacting migrants?
« on: June 11, 2024, 10:52:34 am »
 How is Biden’s new border order impacting migrants?
Story by Tom Dempsey • 21h

(NewsNation) — Nearly one week has passed since President Joe Biden signed an executive order targeting illegal border crossings.

The order implements stricter policies on asylum-seekers if the daily average of illegal crossings exceeds 2,500. However, averages at the southern border haven’t been below that threshold in years.

Biden claims Republicans left him no choice, while former President Donald Trump dismissed it as a meaningless public relations ploy.

More migrants in custody after border order
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data shows that the executive order hasn’t greatly impacted the number of illegal crossings.

There were more than 3,500 encounters along the southern border in the three days before the executive order took effect, according to data provided to NewsNation by CBP sources.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-is-biden-s-new-border-order-impacting-migrants/ar-BB1nXj4Z?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=2e228e8ff8c84e81b0097ffcd5bf73e3&ei=33
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson