Author Topic: Coast Guard intercepts over 300 migrants headed for US and ships them back home  (Read 192 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Coast Guard intercepts over 300 migrants headed for US and ships them back home
Story by Jorge Fitz-Gibbon • 12h •

View on Watch
More than 300 migrants nabbed on the high seas last week while trying to reach American soil have been shipped back to Haiti and the Bahamas, the US Coast Guard announced Monday.

The migrants were intercepted by Coast Guard cutters in separate incidents and sent home over the past week as part of Operation Vigilant Sentry in conjunction with Homeland Security officials, the agency said.

“The OVS maritime border security mission is often equal parts law enforcement and humanitarian response, especially as we enter hurricane season and marine weather becomes more severe and unpredictable,” Coast Guard enforcement officer Lt. Nick Fujimoto said in a statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/coast-guard-intercepts-over-300-migrants-headed-for-us-and-ships-them-back-home/ar-BB1nYt0i?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=2e228e8ff8c84e81b0097ffcd5bf73e3&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They are probably comfortably settled in the US by today, *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson