Author Topic: The USAF's Attempts At Hiding The Crash of Its Top-Secret Stealth Fighter In the 80's Seriously Back  (Read 160 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The USAF's Attempts At Hiding The Crash of Its Top-Secret Stealth Fighter In the 80's Seriously Backfired
Story by Clare Fitzgerald • 15h

The USAF’s Attempts At Hiding The Crash of Its Top-Secret Stealth Fighter In the 80’s Seriously Backfired
©Photo Credit: 1. Carlos Avila Gonzalez / The San Francisco Chronicle / Getty Images (Contrast & Saturation Increased) 2. Thomas J. Pitsor / USAF / Getty Images

In the summer of 1986, a Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk went down in California's Sequoia National Forest. At first, the US Air Force tried to keep the crash a secret. But as public interest grew, authorities tried to disguise the aircraft's identity by replacing the wreckage with parts from a McDonnell F-101A Voodoo.

Ironically, these actions only heightened the public's interest in the event.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-usaf-s-attempts-at-hiding-the-crash-of-its-top-secret-stealth-fighter-in-the-80-s-seriously-backfired/ss-BB1nYxl0?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=2e228e8ff8c84e81b0097ffcd5bf73e3&ei=22
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson