Author Topic: Arizona voters will decide fate of Texas-style border law at the ballot box  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Take the Biotch out of the process!  Excellent!

The Arizona House of Representatives approved a bill Wednesday that will allow voters to decide on the fate of the state’s border security.

Patterned after a Texas law, HCR 2060, titled the Secure the Border Act, passed the state House on a party-line vote, with Republicans holding a slim one-vote majority in the chamber.

The bill, which already passed through the Senate, would make it a crime to enter Arizona illegally and would allow local law enforcement to enforce federal immigration laws while also allowing state judges to deport people convicted of breaking the new law.

"Nothing good comes from open borders," Arizona House Speaker Ben Toma said in a statement to the New York Post. "Only crime, deadly drugs, violence, unsafe communities, and an unending financial drain on American taxpayers. Yet, Democrat leaders fiercely oppose doing anything about it."

Arizona Democratic Gov. Katie Hobbs vetoed similar legislation earlier this year and has signaled opposition to the new effort, though this time the Republican bill will bypass the governor and be put in front of voters in November for approval.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arizona-voters-decide-fate-texas-style-border-law-ballot-box
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Where is the state GOP ?

Seriously.  This is a big issue and I don't see anything from them. 

Just like election integrity, this is a big deal.  I had to ask my LD what was being done to communicate to people that the state GOP was actually active in these issues. 

We suck.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Where is the state GOP ?

Seriously.  This is a big issue and I don't see anything from them. 

Just like election integrity, this is a big deal.  I had to ask my LD what was being done to communicate to people that the state GOP was actually active in these issues. 

We suck.

Are you a Precinct Committeeman?  If not, why not?  if you are not on the battlfield, you are on the sideline.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Are you a Precinct Committeeman?  If not, why not?  if you are not on the battlfield, you are on the sideline.

Comon man.  He's on social media.  A keyboard warrior. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

I am a PC.

I was also a PC in Kansas. 

Next question.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Comon man.  He's on social media.  A keyboard warrior. 

How about you ?  Are you a PC ?  Just curious.

Not that it means you are not engaged.

In Kansas, about 10% of the people I spoke with knew what a PC was or were familiar with the term.

Here.....nobody knows.  I've knocked on doors and been told that nobody from the party has been to their door in over a decade.

We have a one freaking huge amount of work to do.

One of our mistakes is that we belive only PC's are engaged.  We don't look to engage the electorate the way we should. 

I know people who are not PC's who serve as poll workers or as volunteers in the voter roll clean up effort.  They are on the battlefield.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 01:14:46 am by HikerGuy83 »

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

BTW: You didn't answer my question.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
BTW: You didn't answer my question.

What question?  Last term I was the First Vice Chairman of the Mohave County GOP.  I am glad to hear you are a PC, and that you are talking to people! 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
What question?  Last term I was the First Vice Chairman of the Mohave County GOP.  I am glad to hear you are a PC, and that you are talking to people! 

My precinct has capacity for 18 precinct people.  We have 4.  And all of us in the last four years.  That is NOTHING.

The party turned it's back on this process (the democrats did too) and we are paying for it.

I do not like Turning Point and their paid door-knockers (getting paid to do what I do for free).  They knock once and will never be back.  I have complained about this repeatedly. 

For now, it's a necessary evil.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My precinct has capacity for 18 precinct people.  We have 4.  And all of us in the last four years.  That is NOTHING.

The party turned it's back on this process (the democrats did too) and we are paying for it.

I do not like Turning Point and their paid door-knockers (getting paid to do what I do for free).  They knock once and will never be back.  I have complained about this repeatedly. 

For now, it's a necessary evil.

In my County, the GOP took PCs to court for "Harassment," spending thousand of dollars the County GOP raised for Candidates.  Despite spending that on Phoenix lawyers, all claims were denied by the Court.  The Chair failed, but it created enormous difficulties.

These kind of actions by the AZ GOP take the PCs away from the original task of getting Republicans elected

Precincts are different out in the Rural Counties than the urban and suburban LDs.  My Precinct is all of a not-small not-large city, and we have 100 PC seats to fill.  I think we just had 70 PCs elected, a new record.  Plenty of seats left!
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

Arizona voters will decide fate of Texas-style border law at the ballot box

Just like they decided the fate of the last Gubernatorial and US Senate elections?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
In my County, the GOP took PCs to court for "Harassment," spending thousand of dollars the County GOP raised for Candidates.  Despite spending that on Phoenix lawyers, all claims were denied by the Court.  The Chair failed, but it created enormous difficulties.

These kind of actions by the AZ GOP take the PCs away from the original task of getting Republicans elected

Precincts are different out in the Rural Counties than the urban and suburban LDs.  My Precinct is all of a not-small not-large city, and we have 100 PC seats to fill.  I think we just had 70 PCs elected, a new record.  Plenty of seats left!

Are you saying the LD leadership took the PC's to court ?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Are you saying the LD leadership took the PC's to court ?

Affirmative.  Spent at least $4K of County GOP funds (to hire an Attorney from Phoenix), and still lost in court.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Affirmative.  Spent at least $4K of County GOP funds (to hire an Attorney from Phoenix), and still lost in court.

Well, that might tell you why the party is such a mess.

Even in my own LD, we have about 4 or 5 different factions.  Our Chair is struggling to figure out how to bring them together.  He's a good man, but he doesn't get the support he needs to accomplish the basic mission.  Everyone wants to do it their way and they trash those who don't get in line.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well, that might tell you why the party is such a mess.

Even in my own LD, we have about 4 or 5 different factions.  Our Chair is struggling to figure out how to bring them together.  He's a good man, but he doesn't get the support he needs to accomplish the basic mission.  Everyone wants to do it their way and they trash those who don't get in line.

Nothing new there! Everybody knows where they want to go but nobody ever gets anywhere because they spend 100% of their time and energy arguing about which bus to ride in.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Nothing new there! Everybody knows where they want to go but nobody ever gets anywhere because they spend 100% of their time and energy arguing about which bus to ride in.

Well, there are other ways to get things done.  And right now, I am pretty fed up with the morons in our leadership.