Author Topic: CNN’s Attempt to Link the Singapore Airlines’ Turbulence to Climate Change Is Disgusting  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CNN’s Attempt to Link the Singapore Airlines’ Turbulence to Climate Change Is Disgusting

By
H. Sterling Burnett
May 24, 2024

Less than 24 hours after likely air turbulence caused injuries and even a death on a Singapore bound, Singapore Airlines fight, CNN reporter, Jacopo Prisco, was quick to raise the specter of climate change as the cause. There is no real-world connection between long-term climate change and trends in air turbulence or in air injuries. There is no data whatsoever indicating climate change threatens to cause an increase in unstable air currents, and the data that does exist shows that even as the planet has slightly warmed, in-flight injuries from turbulence have declined or remained relatively flat, even as the number of fliers and miles flown have increased dramatically.

The reader might notice the phrase “likely air turbulence” in the paragraph above. That’s because, although from the experience of the aircraft and the testimony of the passengers and flight crew, turbulence was the most likely cause of the deadly mishap, until the flight recorders are checked, and plane examined we can’t know for certain their were no other issues contributing to or causing the jet’s unexpected sharp drop in altitude and erratic flight for a short period thereafter.

Despite its title, most of CNN’s story, “Climate change could be about to make flight turbulence a lot worse,” is a straight forward discussion of the various type and degrees of turbulence, how it can affect flights and cause injuries, and how many people experience in-flight turbulence and injuries each year. So far so good, straight reporting in the aftermath of a horrific, ultimately deadly, air incident.

https://climaterealism.com/2024/05/cnns-attempt-to-link-the-singapore-airlines-turbulence-to-climate-change-is-disgusting/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson