Author Topic: We have World Class windless weather: Today 95% of wind turbines on the continent of Australia are f  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We have World Class windless weather: Today 95% of wind turbines on the continent of Australia are failing
By Jo Nova

There is no saving the Australian grid from a high pressure cell.

Right now 19 out of 20 wind turbines are essentially towers of fiberglass waste

Australia has built 11.5 GW of theoretical total wind power capacity on the National Energy Market (NEM) spread across 80 locations on the Eastern Seaboard, and at one point today only 4.1% of it was working.  Another gigawatt of generation on the Western side is only generating at 3 – 5% capacity.

The green bar below represents total wind generation today compared to the total power consumed (the black line).

NEM Wind generation May 27, 2024. Australia.
Total wind generation for the NEM in Australia.

The Australian government is dismissing comparisons with costs of running grids based on unreliable wind and solar power overseas because we supposedly have “world-class resources” and “natural advantages in renewables“. But we also have world-class high pressure cells that stop wind generation across the entire nation simultaneously.

https://joannenova.com.au/2024/05/we-have-world-class-windless-weather-today-95-of-wind-turbines-on-the-continent-of-australia-are-failing/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=we-have-world-class-windless-weather-today-95-of-wind-turbines-on-the-continent-of-australia-are-failing
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson