Author Topic: Biden Goes All-In With War on Coal  (Read 259 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Goes All-In With War on Coal
« on: May 27, 2024, 10:12:25 am »
Biden Goes All-In With War on Coal
9 hours ago Guest Blogger 

By Emily Arthun

May 21, 2024

The Biden administration’s war on coal came out of the shadows recently, with the release of a new series of regulations that have the clear intent of locking up millions of acres of federal land from coal mining and drilling for oil and natural gas, as well as shutting down the nation’s remaining coal-fired power generation fleet.

The Bureau of Land Management released a new rule that will effectively make it impossible to continue to mine coal or drill for oil and gas anywhere on federally owned lands. This will cripple coal mining in the Powder River Basin and other western reserves, which provide most of the nation’s thermal coal used for energy production. This action alone would have been devastating, but it was just part of a much larger and far-reaching series of regulatory actions.

The new tranche of regulations was an 11th hour assault, issued literally days before the close of a window of time allowing a new President to reverse the decision by executive order. With this announcement, any reversal will have to come through action by both houses of Congress or by litigation in court.

These actions come despite the clear warnings by some of the Biden Administration’s own electric utility regulators that further closures of baseload energy capacity (such as coal) could result in the failure of the nation’s electric grid.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/05/26/biden-goes-all-in-with-war-on-coal/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 10:13:37 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden Goes All-In With War on Coal
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 09:09:31 pm »
"Fishrrman's law of energy resources":

Any and all energy resources will eventually be used when needed.
The only variable is how badly the need becomes to extract and use them.