Author Topic: Californians Protest Fast Food Price Rises by Spending Elsewhere: ‘I Feel Ripped Off’  (Read 373 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Californians Protest Fast Food Price Rises by Spending Elsewhere: ‘I Feel Ripped Off’

Californians are saying goodbye to their favorite fast food spots as prices creep up. Greg LaVay, from San Diego, who once enjoyed frequent trips to McDonald's, now prefers sit-down restaurants.   

"I feel ripped off a little," he said to The Wall Street Journal, echoing a sentiment many share as menu prices surge.Californians Protest Fast Food Price Rises by Spending Elsewhere: ‘I Feel Ripped Off’
©CAgovernor/X, Getty Images
Californians are saying goodbye to their favorite fast food spots as prices creep up. Greg LaVay, from San Diego, who once enjoyed frequent trips to McDonald's, now prefers sit-down restaurants.   

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/californians-protest-fast-food-price-rises-by-spending-elsewhere-i-feel-ripped-off/ss-BB1n4Zrw?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=b9b48a19fa3b4334a3bb7200d553b516&ei=60
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"creep up"?

That's an interesting euphemism for "skyrocketing".
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"creep up"?

That's an interesting euphemism for "skyrocketing".
I would personally look for small mom and pop operations if I wanted a burger, etc. quickly, sit down restaurants aren't necessarily cheaper than the fast food chains in California but you get served, once you add the tip  :shrug: Besides how long until the democrats move past forcing chains with 60 or more locations to pay $20 minimum to forcing everyone with more than two(gotta protect Noisome's Business) locations to pay the $20?   :pondering: Maybe the plan is to favor illegals by making their filthy, unsanitary, unlicensed, street vendors the only affordable option for many many Californians.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I would personally look for small mom and pop operations if I wanted a burger, etc. quickly, sit down restaurants aren't necessarily cheaper than the fast food chains in California but you get served, once you add the tip  :shrug: Besides how long until the democrats move past forcing chains with 60 or more locations to pay $20 minimum to forcing everyone with more than two(gotta protect Noisome's Business) locations to pay the $20?   :pondering: Maybe the plan is to favor illegals by making their filthy, unsanitary, unlicensed, street vendors the only affordable option for many many Californians.
That's what I normally do. The last "fast food" I had was a Chic-Fil-A salad, with 8 nuggets and a drink for a wallet hit of $20. I think you're right about the street vendors. They're double-dipping with taxpayer funded bennies and then not paying any taxes on their "side hustles". I only do food trucks, no street corner abuelitas selling pupusas or such.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

Californians Protest Fast Food Price Rises by Spending Elsewhere: ‘I Feel Ripped Off’

"I feel ripped off a little," he said to The Wall Street Journal, echoing a sentiment many share as menu prices surge.Californians Protest Fast Food Price Rises by Spending Elsewhere: ‘I Feel Ripped Off’
©CAgovernor/X, Getty Images

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/californians-protest-fast-food-price-rises-by-spending-elsewhere-i-feel-ripped-off/ss-BB1n4Zrw?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=b9b48a19fa3b4334a3bb7200d553b516&ei=60

What the f**k else did they expect when they supported a $20 minimum wage?  On top of everything else.