Author Topic: Chris Murphy Blames Trump, GOP for Border ‘Mess’ — They Think ‘It Helps’ Republicans  (Read 362 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Murphy Blames Trump, GOP for Border ‘Mess’ — They Think ‘It Helps’ Republicans

Pam Key 26 May 2024

Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that former President Donald Trump wanted to keep the U.S.-Mexico border a “mess.”

Partial transcript as follows:

MARGARET BRENNAN: You’re talking about the bill you helped author, and- and it was put up for a vote, which, they knew it was going to fail, it- this was about messaging. But, like, Senator Gary Peters, who’s trying to help Democrats defend the majority in the Senate, was on this program last week, and he said absolutely, the president should be talking about the border more. Why isn’t he?

MURPHY: I agree that the American people want to talk about border security. And right now, the president has the opportunity to go out there and talk about a Democratic Party proposal negotiated with Republicans that would get the border under control. And a opponent President–

BRENNAN: Or he could’ve spent months and weeks whipping support for it.

MURPHY: Or- and- President Trump’s desire to keep the border a mess because he thinks that it helps him politically. This is as clear a contrast as has ever been available to the Democratic Party on the issue of the border. Democrats support bipartisan border security, Republicans want the border to be a mess, because it’s good politics for them. And the President and every Democrat running for office should be talking about that.

BRENNAN: But- but you know, and we really dug in deep on this bill that you helped author on this program, but for Americans who just want something done, you know, the ifs and buts really don’t matter much. The president could take executive action and has been talking about it since back in February, when the Homeland Security Secretary mentioned it was being considered. Should he just get caught trying? Pull the trigger, do something on executive action?

MURPHY: The president has such limited ability to issue executive orders that would have an impact on the border. He can’t conjure resources out of thin air. If he were to try to shut down portions of the border, the courts would throw that out, I think, within a matter of weeks. The only thing that will bring–

BRENNAN: 212(f) authority that’s being mulled here.

MURPHY: Yeah, I- I think the only thing that will bring order to the southwest border is bipartisan legislation. We have a bipartisan border bill. If Republicans decided to support it, it would pass. We could get it to the president’s desk. It is up to Donald Trump and Republicans as to whether they want to solve the problem at the border, or whether they want to keep the border a mess because it helps them politically in this upcoming election.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/05/26/chris-murphy-blames-trump-gop-for-border-mess-they-think-it-helps-republicans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYwLYMPLYbo

Keep this in mind whenever any Democrat tells you the border mess was caused by Trump or the GOP
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I guess Murphy has forgotten all about Trump's Border Wall, and how the Democrats went to court to stop its construction, and Biden then sold off the building materials at pennies on the dollar?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

I guess Murphy has forgotten all about Trump's Border Wall, and how the Democrats went to court to stop its construction, and Biden then sold off the building materials at pennies on the dollar?

Murphy hasn't forgotten

He's banking on the public has
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

This has been waiting for a vote in the Senate for over a year.

H.R.2 - Secure the Border Act of 2023
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-