Author Topic: National Park Superintendent sparks fury as she orders construction crew to stop flying the American  (Read 492 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

National Park Superintendent sparks fury as she orders construction crew to stop flying the American flag because it 'distracts from the experience'

DAILYMAIL.COM
By MACKENZIE TATANANNI
26 May 2024

The removal of an American flag from a construction site at Denali National Park has drawn the vitriol of netizens and a local elected official.

Alaskan Senator Dan Sullivan penned a furious letter to National Park Service Director Charles Sams III on May 24, requesting an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of the flag.

Sullivan claimed crews had been ordered to remove a 3 x 5 American flag from a construction vehicle at mile 45 of Denali Park Road near the Pretty Rocks Landslide.

The allegations were first published by the Alaska Watchman. The publication claimed it spoke with a contractor who said a park official ordered workers to take the flag down.

'It is absurd and defies all logic that a federal contractor, working on a project which is funded by American taxpayers, in a National Park - the week before Memorial Day - is prohibited from flying the American flag,' Sullivan wrote.

(more)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13461555/national-park-superintendent-american-flag-brooke-merrell.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

Denali National Park bridge crew ordered to stop flying American flags
By  Joel Davidson 
May 23rd 2024
By AlaskaWatchman.com

The crew working on a 475-foot-long bridge in Alaska’s Denali National Park was recently told that they could no longer fly the American flag from their trucks or heavy equipment, which are being used in the $207 million Federal Highway Administration project.  ...

Since 2023, construction has been underway to repair the road at mile 45. This spring two mobile trucks and one piece of heavy equipment had been flying standard-sized U.S. flags.

One of the contractors working on the bridge reached out to the Alaska Watchman regarding the recent order that the flags be removed. He asked that his name not be used, given that he is actively working on the project.

According to the contractor, Denali National Park Superintendent Brooke Merrell contacted the man overseeing the federal highways project, claiming there had been complaints about the U.S. flags, and notifying him that bridge workers must stop flying the stars and strips from their vehicles because it detracts from the “park experience.”
Denali National Park Superintendent Brooke Merrell

“The trucks are flying these American flags, about a foot atop the trucks, about three-foot by four-foot flags, and they said they don’t want this,” the contractor explained. “They’re saying it isn’t conducive and it doesn’t fit the park experience.”

Up until this week, however, the flags were displayed without incident. It was only when the park began running tour buses that the order was given to take down the flags, he added.

“Here I am in a national park, and we’re being told we can’t fly the American flag,” the contractor continued.   ...
https://alaskawatchman.com/2024/05/23/denali-national-park-bridge-crew-ordered-to-stop-flying-american-flags/

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1794545576777765093
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1794545576777765093
There is a movement in Alaska to have her removed. Let's hope they are successful. What she believes personally is one thing. But to impose her warped mindset on the entire nation because SHE does not want to see the American flag, is a step too far.

BTW ... try to guess who she will vote for?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There is a movement in Alaska to have her removed. Let's hope they are successful. What she believes personally is one thing. But to impose her warped mindset on the entire nation because SHE does not want to see the American flag, is a step too far.

BTW ... try to guess who she will vote for?

She should be fired immediately!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

She obviously doesn't know what a "NATIONAL" park is.

Online mountaineer

She obviously doesn't know what a "NATIONAL" park is.
I wonder if she's ever noticed who pays her salary.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
While she's o0bviously a liberal agrees with that policy, I don't think she made it.  Same kind of thing happened at the National Cemetery In Gettysburg in 2021 and then again in 2022 when the superintendent literally banned a Christmas wreath laying ceremony for Killed-in-Action veterans for totally BS reasons.  He ended up backing down after the outcry from the local veterans organizations and the direct intervention of our Congress critter, and he was just unexpectedly transferred out to Independence Hall.

NPS rule leads to cancellation of wreath laying at cemetery

https://www.gettysburgtimes.com/news/local/article_26e81d1d-eaed-5f34-85b9-aca58e831240.html

No ceremony, wreath laying this year

https://www.gettysburgtimes.com/news/local/article_d26ec39b-c501-58a3-b822-4e83b883e34f.html

Gettysburg National Parks get new acting administrators

https://www.abc27.com/gettysburg/gettysburg-national-parks-get-new-acting-administrators/

The point being, that it seems that the word has gone out within the Department of Interior and the National Park Service to tamp down on any kind of patriotic displays or activities out of fear that it might provoke the woke crowds.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 11:34:18 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus