Author Topic: MSNBC’s Ruhle: Inflation is High But The Economy Is Great  (Read 309 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MSNBC’s Ruhle: Inflation is High But The Economy Is Great
Sarah Butler
May 25th, 2024 8:46 PM

According to a new Harris-Guardian poll, more than half of Americans think that we are currently experiencing a recession, but on Thursday, MSNBC’s host of The 11th Hour, Stephanie Ruhle could not seem to believe why people would believe that.

She did acknowledge that inflation is high by conceding, “I will give it to you, inflation is a problem, right? Rent is high, mortgages are high, insurance is high, buying a car is high, groceries cost a lot of money, but a recession?”

Peter Spiegel, U.S. Managing Editor of the Financial Times, discussed how detrimental this inflation is for the Biden’s  campaign, “They know that they can't win on this. It’s not like inflation is going to turn around in six months, and people will forget that prices were cheaper two years ago.” Followed by a suggestion to the Biden administration to “neutralize” it so they can focus on other important issues.

Even when we were in a recession, Ruhle defended Biden by spinning the economy was doing great.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/sarah-butler/2024/05/25/msnbcs-ruhle-inflation-high-economy-great
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online LMAO

Re: MSNBC’s Ruhle: Inflation is High But The Economy Is Great
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 03:25:33 pm »
The economy isn’t doing great but it isn’t as bad as Trump likes to claim. We are not in a recession.

We’re plugging along only because other countries are in tougher shape and not as a result of any policy from Biden
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 03:27:06 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 04:17:58 pm »
As SÑL skit proclaimed "it is better to look good than to feel good"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 06:07:00 pm »
One graphic suffices to show why "inflation is high, but the economy is great" is an absurd sentiment, at least as applied to present circumstances:

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.