Author Topic: Murderer from Colombia Released Into U.S. by ICE After Crossing Border Illegally  (Read 133 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Murderer from Colombia Released Into U.S. by ICE After Crossing Border Illegally
May 22, 2024

The recent arrest of Efrain Vidales Vargas, a convicted murderer from Colombia, is another example of the perilous consequences of the Biden administration’s failure to secure our borders.

Vargas, who entered the U.S. illegally near Yuma, Arizona, in November 2023, was initially detained but subsequently released by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Vargas is wanted in Colombia on charges of aggravated homicide, aggravated theft and unlawful possession of a weapon. He was convicted and sentenced to 17 years in prison on September 29, 2016.

ICE knew about Vargas’ murder conviction in Colombia and extensive criminal history. An ICE officer on December 11, 2023, even noted his conviction in Columbia, but two days later, he was released with a notice to appear and allowed to roam freely in the United States. This was apparently due to a “national bed space shortage caused by the Southwest border surge.”

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2024/05/22/murderer-colombia-released-us-ice-after-crossing-border-illegally
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson