Author Topic: F-35: How Fast Can This Stealth Fighter Actually Fly?  (Read 152 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-35: How Fast Can This Stealth Fighter Actually Fly?
« on: May 26, 2024, 02:12:50 pm »

F-35: How Fast Can This Stealth Fighter Actually Fly?
Story by Peter Suciu 

How Fast Can the F-35 Fly? The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is one of the most capable combat aircraft in service today.

It successfully combines stealth, sensor fusion, and network-enabled operations into a single airframe – yet, it is built in three variants to replace multiple aircraft including the U.S. Air Force F-16s and A-10s, U.S. Navy F/A-18s, U.S. Marine Corps AV-8B Harriers and F/A-18s, and U.K. Harrier GR.7s and Sea Harriers

F-35: Speed and Stealth
The F-35 is powered by a Pratt & Whitney F135, the most powerful fighter engine in the world. It produces 43,000 lbs of thrust and consists of a three-stage fan, a six-stage compressor, an annular combustor, a single-stage high-pressure turbine, and a two-stage low-pressure turbine.

The F135 Enhanced Engine Package (EEP) also incorporates next-generation adaptive propulsion technologies that offer increased thrust and fuel efficiency, as well as thermal management capacity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/f-35-how-fast-can-this-stealth-fighter-actually-fly/ar-AA19EqXM?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ec8306c1cf4240a6be7d772969552b8e&ei=51
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: F-35: How Fast Can This Stealth Fighter Actually Fly?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 02:14:01 pm »
Will it be able to fly again with replacing the engines if it goes full power? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson