Author Topic: Mass Illegal Migration Makes Us Sicker, Not Stronger  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mass Illegal Migration Makes Us Sicker, Not Stronger
« on: May 25, 2024, 03:06:03 pm »
Mass Illegal Migration Makes Us Sicker, Not Stronger
Commentary
May 22, 2024

By Brian Lonergan

Since the Biden Administration began taking a blowtorch to our nation’s immigration laws in 2021, beleaguered Americans may have assumed the bad consequences of this shift in policy would be limited to what we can see in the present: border checkpoints overrun with foreign nationals, and airport terminals, police stations, and school gyms turned into makeshift housing for migrants.

But far worse may still be to come as an alarming number of communicable diseases have crossed our borders along with those seeking menial work and generous public benefits.

Despite the best efforts of our partisan corporate media to downplay the problem, the truth has a way of slipping out. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has linked 84 percent of Chicago’s recent measles outbreak to illegal aliens there from Venezuela. The agency’s report cited overcrowding at a particular migrant shelter for the spread, with more than 500 people reportedly packed into a single room.

Even ancient diseases that were long ago all but eradicated in the United States are making a comeback. The CDC published a research letter last year that said the number of cases of leprosy, in the southeastern U.S. may be endemic, and that nearly one-fifth of the cases in the country originate from Florida. In a separate document, the CDC said that among refugees and eligible others who arrived from 2014-2019, 6.1 per 100,000 were diagnosed with leprosy. Given that this data was collected prior to the illegal alien flood that began in 2021, the current number of cases is likely higher.

https://irli.org/mass-illegal-migration-makes-us-sicker-not-stronger/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Mass Illegal Migration Makes Us Sicker, Not Stronger
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 09:06:21 pm »
Brian Lonergan:
"Mass Illegal Migration Makes Us Sicker, Not Stronger"

Ummm....
That's the point.
That's EXACTLY the point.

This is not, and NEVER WAS, an "unintended consequence"
Au contraire.