General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Democrats Are Stuck With Joe Biden as Their Presidential Nominee

(1/3) > >>

mystery-ak:
Democrats Are Stuck With Joe Biden as Their Presidential Nominee
Josh Hammer

President Joe Biden is currently losing the 2024 presidential race to former President Donald Trump. If the election were held tomorrow, Trump would win -- likely convincingly. The fact that this is increasingly obvious, and that Biden finds himself fighting an uphill battle to prolong his already ancient political career, has precipitated some epic handwringing on the MSNBC airwaves and a veritable five-alarm fire at the Democratic National Committee.

The big polling news last week was that The New York Times/Siena College, one of the country's most accurate pollsters, has Trump up in five of the six most important swing states -- including an astonishing 13-point cushion in light-blue Nevada, and a nine-point lead in purple Georgia. This week, the big polling update came courtesy of the Cook Political Report, another highly regarded polling outfit. The Cook Political Report poll also has Trump leading or tied in each of the seven states polled -- in both a mano-a-mano and a three-way race that also takes into account independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

The fact that the Cook Political Report corroborated the eye-opening Times/Siena findings from the week prior led polling savant Nate Silver to post this warning on Thursday: "If Biden is still struggling in August[,] he needs to consider stepping aside. It's not a great situation for D[emocrat]s either way, but you have to do due diligence on the question. It's an important election, obviously. It shouldn't be taboo to talk about." Indeed, polling cross-tabs routinely show that a plurality or majority of Democrats would prefer Biden do just that: Step aside and exit the national stage.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/joshhammer/2024/05/24/democrats-are-stuck-with-joe-biden-as-their-presidential-nominee-n2639465

Fishrrman:
No, they're not.

See Toricelli --> Lautenberg.

That was a modest "switcheroo". Seemed audacious at the time.

There may be a much larger one come the DCommunist convention.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on May 25, 2024, 10:12:07 pm ---No, they're not.

See Toricelli --> Lautenberg.

That was a modest "switcheroo". Seemed audacious at the time.

There may be a much larger one come the DCommunist convention.

--- End quote ---

Agreed .... who knows who is going to emerge as the DEM nominee at the convention.  My bet is it isn't going to be evil Joe.

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: libertybele on May 25, 2024, 10:51:54 pm ---Agreed .... who knows who is going to emerge as the DEM nominee at the convention.  My bet is it isn't going to be evil Joe.

--- End quote ---

LOL!  My money says the Hunter Pardon is already signed...only the date has to be plugged in.

He may not even by POTUS by the Convention, but I don't see Gavin Newsom, aka "Pretty Boy-Floyd" as the draft pick.

We do indeed live in "Interesting Times".

DB:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on May 25, 2024, 11:12:16 pm ---LOL!  My money says the Hunter Pardon is already signed...only the date has to be plugged in.

He may not even by POTUS by the Convention, but I don't see Gavin Newsom, aka "Pretty Boy-Floyd" as the draft pick.

We do indeed live in "Interesting Times".

--- End quote ---

Big Mike?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version