Author Topic: Red States Ask Supreme Court To Stop Blue States From Forcing Climate Agenda On Rest Of Country  (Read 116 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Red States Ask Supreme Court To Stop Blue States From Forcing Climate Agenda On Rest Of Country

NICK POPE
CONTRIBUTOR
May 23, 2024

Nineteen Republican state attorneys general hit five Democrat-controlled states with a legal challenge alleging that the blue states are illegally attempting to impose aggressive climate policies on the rest of the country.

The coalition of red states filed the challenge with the Supreme Court on Wednesday, alleging that the five blue states — California, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey and Minnesota — are trying to advance an anti-fossil fuel agenda for the entire country via tools like climate nuisance lawsuits against oil companies. The coalition of red states requested that the Supreme Court step in to determine whether these Democrat-controlled states can effectively interfere in other states’ energy policy.

“Plaintiff States and their citizens rely on traditional energy products every day,” the complaint says. “The assertion that Defendant States can regulate, tax, and enjoin the promotion, production, and use of such products beyond their borders—but outside the purview of federal law—threatens profound injury.” 

https://dailycaller.com/2024/05/23/red-blue-states-supreme-court-climate-agenda/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson